Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Full Molecular Jacket

This is a reply I received from Menzerna USA about FMJ

Hi Ron,

Thank you for your message.

To answer your questions, FMJ is a sealant. Waxes are classified as natural products, like carnauba, and do seal a surface, but in a different way and with different results. We believe FMJ is superior to wax.

FMJ will bond over our glaze, and is designed to work together. You can

find this stated on CMA`s website:

http://www.properautocare.com/mefitogl.html

I hope this answers your questions, and thank you for using our

products.

Best regards,

Jeff Silver

Menzerna USA

213 Airport Executive Park

Nanuet, New York 10954

Phone: 845-352-5850

Fax: 845-425-1366

Dear Sir:

Please tell me if the product Full Molecular Jacket is a sealant or wax?

Also can the Full Molecular Jacket be applied over the Menzerna glaze and bond without problems?

Thanks,

Ron Bowen

:bounce :bounce :bounce
    Ron Bowen-always trying to learn and improve my skills of the trade, 2003 Chevy Tahoe, Charcoal Metallic

Click here to visit my gallery

Post Thanks / Like
    I emailed Jeff a couple of weeks ago asking some information about Menzerna products and his only answer was `advise from where you bought your products` :down After all I was asking about the products he represents :down :down

Post Thanks / Like
    jgv, maybe Jeff thought since you are in another country, you should contact your your supplier in your country if possible.
    Ron Bowen-always trying to learn and improve my skills of the trade, 2003 Chevy Tahoe, Charcoal Metallic

Click here to visit my gallery

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, maybe he did, and that`s what I didn`t like from him. After all, he benefits from my *free* publicity on the Menzerna products, on USA forums like Autopia. I`ve been asked a lot of times about my opinion on these products, and if my opinion helps people to buy them he is taking advantage on it.

If I asked him is because I couldn`t get the answers I wanted here, but as he couldn`t reply my questions, guess he doesn`t have the answers either... :down Again, about the products he sells.

If he took his time to send me elsewhere, he could have answered what I asked and now I`d be here, saying how great he was...Or not. :down

Post Thanks / Like
    Is FMJ able to bond over almost anything, like a carnauba wax? Or does it do better with a Menzerna product underneath or even bare paint?

Post Thanks / Like
    The reason Jeff said that is because Menzerna does`t techincally make FMJ, but licenses the makers to use their name to be sold in a kit at CMA. I`ve spoke with Jeff before, he actually invited me to his shop and gave me some free samples.

If your going to use the sealant / wax combo, lay the sealant first then the carnuba.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JustinTRW

Is FMJ able to bond over almost anything, like a carnauba wax? Or does it do better with a Menzerna product underneath or even bare paint?

I have a hard time believing that it can bond to glazes. I wonder what kind of durability people who use FTG underneath are getting?

It just doesn`t make sense. Unless it`s not really bonding to anything ala WG `sealant` .

I have this stuff on order as well and will be testing it hopefully this coming wekend.

Bill.

Right Wing Conservative NozeBleedSpeed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by L33

The reason Jeff said that is because Menzerna does`t techincally make FMJ, but licenses the makers to use their name to be sold in a kit at CMA. I`ve spoke with Jeff before, he actually invited me to his shop and gave me some free samples.

If your going to use the sealant / wax combo, lay the sealant first then the carnuba.
    So, would it stand to reason that FMJ is yet another frayed thread in the CMA group? BF, UPP, WG and now FMJ? It could be that you could get it cheaper in a different bottle. Im sure Im just mistaken. These would have to be completely different products. Any relationship or similarity would have to be purely coincidental.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe, maybe not. The same chemist could be making these products. From a casual glance, they are all very similar, no?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JustinTRW

Maybe, maybe not. The same chemist could be making these products. From a casual glance, they are all very similar, no?

To me WG amd FMJ aren`t even close in any aspect.
    PMS Adjuster

This he is a she

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by BillNorth

It just doesn`t make sense. Unless it`s not really bonding to anything ala WG `sealant` .

Bill.

What`s your opinion on WG? I`m curious, ever since you brought up the old klasse bonding thread, about water and other variables. You can PM me if you don`t want to take this thread off track with my question.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Corey Bit Spank

What`s your opinion on WG? I`m curious, ever since you brought up the old klasse bonding thread, about water and other variables. You can PM me if you don`t want to take this thread off track with my question.

The durability of the sealant is lacking. I only got 7 weeks. The look is nice on my green paint. It is more muted, not as bright as SG. The slickness does not last very long as well.

To read my full review, click here:

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showth...olfgang+review

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jesstzn

To me WG amd FMJ aren`t even close in any aspect.

What about UPP, Blackfire, and FMJ?

I was thinking that they are polymer, oil in water type emmulsion products. Probably similar type of polymers with similar goals. Very slick, but slickness may not last after a few washes, even though protection stays. Sheets water.

FMJ is supposed to last the longest, but we`ll see. Never tried WG, but is it similar to UPP and Blackfire?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by BillNorth

I have a feeling that UPP, BF, and WG are pretty much the same thing, minus packaging, colour and scent.

I disagree fully. I`ve used all 3 and all a bit different.

Maybe they were all designed by the same group of chemists?

And I don`t like using Wolfgang on customer cars due to its mediocre durability. I`d rather use #16 and know they`ll be happy for months.

Post Thanks / Like
    And its a good thing I have 1 of the 3 IF they are all the same. But chemically they are not exactly the same product. They must be different in some giant or minute way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information