Thread: AIO/PUPP ???

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,I have read and search on AIO/PUPP,and I`m thinking of going with this combo,my Maxima`s 11 months old.What`s the best way of applying the AIO/PUPP...like with what kind of pad...how yoou apply it....how long it take...and ....?

And where`s the best place to get PUPP.I already order the AIO on here,but don`t seem to find PUPP,thanx to ALL who help!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 96_vqmax

What`s the best way of applying the AIO/PUPP...like with what kind of pad
    I like using a foam applicator to apply both products.

...how yoou apply it
    AIO: Wipe on/ Wipe off. No wait between layers, not that AIO layers. I like to apply AIO twice to ensure the paint is clean and ready for SG or UPP.

UPP: Apply very thin, wait 30-60 minutes before buffing. Wait 24 hours before applying another layer

....how long it take...and ....?
    ????

And where`s the best place to get PUPP.
    From PAC

Eric
    Have you AIO`d today?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by edschwab1

????
    what I mean was how long you leave it on and all,and you already answered my ???.

I already order it.Was it the 4 star UPP?I thought (PUPP)was Platinum UPP?Are they the same?Thanx!

Post Thanks / Like
    I just did this routine for the first time yesterday. Yes, AIO is an on/off product. UPP, apply it and let it dry before removing. I used microfiber applicators and they worked great.

Platinum UPP and 4 Star UPP are the same. There was a copyright problem with "Platinum" so it was changed to "4 Star".

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by tkr128

I just did this routine for the first time yesterday. Yes, AIO is an on/off product. UPP, apply it and let it dry before removing. I used microfiber applicators and they worked great.

Platinum UPP and 4 Star UPP are the same. There was a copyright problem with "Platinum" so it was changed to "4 Star".
    So how do you apply it?Wipe it on circle motion or just apply it evenly and spread it out thinly?And thanx for clarifying the Platinum UPP and 4 Star UPP are the same.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my bad edschwab1 already answered my ??? I over read it.:p Thanx edschwab1 and tkr128 for the quick reply.:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    You can also apply AIO with a finishing pad on the PC @ 6 and a spritz of EO Wipe `n Shine (per CMA instructions). Wipe off immediately. I use a yellow 4" foamy to apply the UPP.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been using PUPP for almost a year...and love it. Very little residue left, very easy on easy off.

I just ordered some AIO to try out. I do all mine by hand, applying the Cleaner/Polish and PUPP as mentioned above with a foam pad.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 96_vqmax

So how do you apply it?Wipe it on circle motion or just apply it evenly and spread it out thinly?And thanx for clarifying the Platinum UPP and 4 Star UPP are the same.

I like to apply both AIO and UPP in a linear (front to back) motion.

Eric
    Have you AIO`d today?

Post Thanks / Like
    AIO + UPP =

You will not be disappointed.

Eric nailed the application process.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Lots of leeway applying both products. I usually use the Cyclo or the PC, which are about as far away from linear as you can get

I find that "working" the UPP for a while tends to spread it out, ensuring a thin coat. And it also makes it less likely to miss a spot.

FWIW, I use a polishing pad with the AIO. Not that there`s anything WRONG with using a finishing pad, just showing that, again, there are numerous approaches that`ll work. I`ve even used MF to apply both products, that worked fine too.

AIO works fine with a damp or dry applicator, but for UPP use a dry one (I "prime" it by working in plenty of UPP before I start and then squeezing out the excess onto a MF, which I`ll use for doorjambs, etc.).

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Accumulator

Lots of leeway applying both products. I usually use the Cyclo or the PC, which are about as far away from linear as you can get

I find that "working" the UPP for a while tends to spread it out, ensuring a thin coat. And it also makes it less likely to miss a spot.

FWIW, I use a polishing pad with the AIO. Not that there`s anything WRONG with using a finishing pad, just showing that, again, there are numerous approaches that`ll work. I`ve even used MF to apply both products, that worked fine too.

AIO works fine with a damp or dry applicator, but for UPP use a dry one (I "prime" it by working in plenty of UPP before I start and then squeezing out the excess onto a MF, which I`ll use for doorjambs, etc.).
    This is my 1st time trying out this stuff,usually just wash it with the yellow car wash shampoo from auto zone.Forgot the name cause I just finished the bottle.:p And this is my 1st time I`m buying a new car also,so I just want to keep the paint shine for a long time,hehe.Sorry for the newbie question here,I order the handi grip applicator,does this one work better than the blue foam pad or it`s personal preference?:up

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Scottwax

AIO + UPP =

You will not be disappointed.

Eric nailed the application process.
    Thanx,I`ll post pics later when I done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 2002 Maxima SE

I`ve been using PUPP for almost a year...and love it. Very little residue left, very easy on easy off.

I just ordered some AIO to try out. I do all mine by hand, applying the Cleaner/Polish and PUPP as mentioned above with a foam pad.
    Thanx,I`ll try doing mine with hand too at first,maybe later on when I get better I`ll try the PC.Are you from the Maxima org?:up

Post Thanks / Like
    I was going to go with the UPP but decided to go with WG sealant due to the fact that UPP has to sit 30min to and hour before removal. Can`t wait for it to get here.

Thread Information