Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I ventured out today because it was FINALLY a nice day here in Indiana. Went to Walmart to pick up a movie and naturally wandered over to the car care aisle to see what kind of new stuff they have and to pick up some Invisible Glass.

Got to the aisle and noticed a whole bunch of new stuff by Black Magic. It really looks like their trying to make some good stuff.

I took some pics of the products I bought, thought I would post them up and share my experience with them. Actually the only thing I used is the detail brush, but I will come back tomorrow and let everyone know how the other stuff worked.

Half of the detail brush is nice. The rubber tip on it is great for getting gunk and built up dirt out of places you just can`t get to with your fingers and a towel. The brushes on the other end though I didn`t like, they fell out easy and the actual brushes were a little hard for my tastes, I`d be afraid of them scratching the plastic in the car.

Here`s a pic of the rest of the stuff I purchased. Includes the wash bucket, a tire brush, two wheel brushes, a big MF towel, a pack of 3 foam pads, and a wash sponge.

Inside of the wash bucket is a plastic type of grate. The reason for it is to trap dirt at the bottom of the bucket when you`re washing so you`re not dipping your wash mit in water with dirt floating around in it. Not exactly sure how this is going to work, but it`s worth a shot.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was going to say that those brushes do not look like Boar`s Hair.

How much for the large drying mf towel?

Thanks, Rob
    Robert and Susan Regan

Towel Pros Microfiber

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by WCD

I was going to say that those brushes do not look like Boar`s Hair.

How much for the large drying mf towel?

Thanks, Rob

I think it was around $10. I`ll do a scratch test on a CD before I touch my car with it though.

Post Thanks / Like
    I picked up some of those products as well last time I was in Wal-Mart.

I got the 3 pack of BM wax apps, the tire brush, and the detailing tool. The detailing tool I got was slightly diff and was grey/blue and was only $1.99.

I think the waffle weave towel is only like $6.99. I might pick one up for drying my boat and jetski this summer.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    I too don`t understand how a grit trip would work. When you dip your mitt back in the bucket, doesn`t the water just move around...

Post Thanks / Like
    Chris Y.

I have a grit guard.... I am sure the one above works the same. The dirt sinks to the bottom below the plastic insert and there are plastic "baffles" that help keep the water from moving around below the insert thus keeping the dirt below the insert. The grit guard works very well as I am sure the one pictured does.
    2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Pats300zx

I picked up some of those products as well last time I was in Wal-Mart.

I got the 3 pack of BM wax apps, the tire brush, and the detailing tool. The detailing tool I got was slightly diff and was grey/blue and was only $1.99.

I think the waffle weave towel is only like $6.99. I might pick one up for drying my boat and jetski this summer.

Don`t quote me on the price of the towel, it may have very well only been $6.99. Everything else only cost $2 each excluding the bucket. So, even if none of the above are good enough to use it wasn`t a total lost investment.

Post Thanks / Like
    The drying towel isn`t waffle weave, it`s just a HUGE towel. It`s approximately the same as the towels sold by Patrick, maybe not quite as heavy in density. It`s definitely better than the wrapped pack of towels.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Mosca

The drying towel isn`t waffle weave, it`s just a HUGE towel. It`s approximately the same as the towels sold by Patrick, maybe not quite as heavy in density. It`s definitely better than the wrapped pack of towels.

Tom

If you`ve used the towel, does it pass a scratch test? If not, I`ll reserve it for windows.

Post Thanks / Like
    Naw, hain`t used it yet. It was only six bucks, so I did get one. Truth told, if it don`t pass the CD test I`ll use it for showering. It`s huge.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought two of the big microfibers from walmart. Used one to dry and one to remove NXT.

Worked great on black BMW. I`ll continue using.

Washed up well too.

less than 7 bucks a piece.
    If you don`t care what your car looks like, why would anyone else?

Post Thanks / Like
    Oddly enough, I`ve seen most of those items at a local Canadian Tire, but NOT at a local Wal-Mart. :nixweiss

I thought about trying that wash bucket, however it was $20 CDN here! Ouch. (I think I`ll just make a few grit guards using that eggshell stuff from Home Depot).

Also, are those Microtek MFs supposed to be any good? I didn`t buy the big drying one (saw a similar one labelled by Simoniz), but I got a 5-pack of smaller Microtek MFs (alternating blue & white colors), just haven`t used them or washed them yet.

I saw those Black Magic wheel brushes but decided NOT to trust those on my $$$ 18" SSR GT3 rims. So I ordered the OXO wheel & spoke brushes from the Autopia store instead, just to play it safe. :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Inzane

Oddly enough, I`ve seen most of those items at a local Canadian Tire, but NOT at a local Wal-Mart. :nixweiss

I thought about trying that wash bucket, however it was $20 CDN here! Ouch. (I think I`ll just make a few grit guards using that eggshell stuff from Home Depot).

Also, are those Microtek MFs supposed to be any good? I didn`t buy the big drying one (saw a similar one labelled by Simoniz), but I got a 5-pack of smaller Microtek MFs (alternating blue & white colors), just haven`t used them or washed them yet.

I saw those Black Magic wheel brushes but decided NOT to trust those on my $$$ 18" SSR GT3 rims. So I ordered the OXO wheel & spoke brushes from the Autopia store instead, just to play it safe. :xyxthumbs

Can`t blame you on the wheel brush choice. I wouldn`t use it if I had high dollar rims on my car either. The rims I currently have on will be the last year in use, so I will go ahead and try it out.

Post Thanks / Like
    That bucket would be really cool for QEW. With QEW the dirt actually accumulates at the bottom of the bucket and the water stays somewhat clean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by gb387

Chris Y.

I have a grit guard.... I am sure the one above works the same. The dirt sinks to the bottom below the plastic insert and there are plastic "baffles" that help keep the water from moving around below the insert thus keeping the dirt below the insert. The grit guard works very well as I am sure the one pictured does.

Please forgive me if I don`t make sense...

But looking at the baffle, it looks like small dirt/grit can still pass though the guard and back into the water. Does that sound right?

Thanks as I planned on getting the one from Meguiars

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information