Post Thanks / Like
    hi guys i am new to some of this have been doing some light or say normal polishing and waxing but now want to get a littel deeper into the process. just got some AIO and SG question is after washing and claying should i polish first with something like #9 or #7 new car glaze or just use the AIO then SG and wax. Also can i use the PC to buff the AIO and SG or not or it that better to put on and remove by hand. Then use the Pc to put on wax and remove. i got new foma pads 2 yellow cut pads 2 blue buffing pads and 3 white finishing pads from premium auto care. thanks in advance for answer information you give.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to Autopia mystic. Skip any type of polish and use AIO directly with a white pad. AIO will clean the paint and no other polish is needed unless you have swirls. A lot of folks like to apply AIO 2x. I like to apply SG by hand. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    ok so if you do have the nice facotry installed swirls you should

Wash (my choice right now is Gold class car shampoo..suggestions?)

Clay bar

Then do I do a swirl remover or AIO?

SG

:nixweiss
    Strider

03 Uniblack Jetta GLI

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Mystic: If your paint is in good condition you can clay and go directly to AIO. I apply AIO with the PC set on #4 or 5. Buff it with the machine and then a MF cloth. Most people apply SG with a MF applicator and buff it with a MF cloth. Some people wipe it on and wipe it off immediately. I apply a thin coat of SG, wait one hour and buff with a MF towel. I use Sonus acrylic spritz to thin the SG when it starts going on a little thick.

Post Thanks / Like
    Go with a swirl mark remover first then AIO followed by SG.

Post Thanks / Like
    Strider: If you have swirl marks you need to polish them out. Many products that are marketed as "swirl removers" are just fillers that will hide the swirl marks until the next time you wash the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    paint is in what i think is very good shape i have taken good care of the car being in the northeast winters, with the outside all the time other two cars in the garage new cobra 04 mystichrome trying first on my explore then off to the stange to see how that comes out i have #26 and mothers gold wax to use after the SG has been put on.all your info from you guys is great hope i can someday give some information to others as i receive here.
    04 cobra mystichrome Sold new home in AZ.

Post Thanks / Like
    So Frank would AIO do the job for me or is there something else that I should be using? I`m planning on either picking up the Wolfgang kit or the Klasse one fron here. I don`t have a PC so I`m assuming much elbow grease will be envolved.
    Strider

03 Uniblack Jetta GLI

Post Thanks / Like
    Strider: In my experience, AIO will not remove swirl marks even if you use a PC. The best this I have found is Menzerna Polish which come in three strengths and is available from: www.properautocare.com. There are other products which will remove swirl marks but my best results have come with Menzerna.

Post Thanks / Like
    as said above, remove swirls before using AIO. Then do multiple coats of SG, like 5, before using #26. Just remember to do a very thin coat of SG, else you will need a MF with a sprits of QD to remove the excess SG.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wash (removes surface dirt), clay (pickup stuck on contaminates) Polish (smooth paint getting rid of scratches and swirls...use a filler if you must), seal with a sealant or wax to protect the shine.

I like Poorboys SSR`s (swirl mark removers) then Pro Polish and then EX or EX-P sealants.
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK sweet thanks for the info!!! I`ll trying picking up some of the Menzerna polish with my Klasse action.
    Strider

03 Uniblack Jetta GLI

Thread Information