Post Thanks / Like
    Since I got my Mazda6, my Dad is now using my old `88 S10 as a work truck. The paint is in desperate need of some TLC as it is oxidized and looks dull. I used to detail it, but now that he`s using it I haven`t had the chance. My process usually included claying and then applying either Mothers Ca. Gold Cleaner Wax or EO WET. I know, I know, but that was before I "saw the light" so to speak. It would look decent for about a week and then be back where it was before I started.

Since I`m getting a PC and an array of 1z polishes, I figured I could maybe breathe some new life into this tired old paint. I`m looking for some recommendations on what 1z polishes/pads to use. I`ve tried searching but couldn`t find any concrete answers to my specific problem. I`d appreciate any advice/ recommendations I can get on this situation. Thanks as always!

BTW: Here`s a pic of the last time I detailed. Wash, Clay, Wash, EagleOne WET Wax, nothing more.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone have any advice?? Search yielded some info but I`m still a little lost.

Post Thanks / Like
    TnM6i- Since it`s not the most neglected vehicle in the world, you could very well get by with the 1Z Paint Polish used with a polishing pad. The PP is the "standard" polish from 1Z. Then you can possibly use Metallic Polish to maintain it, unless you pick up some serious marring.

With either polish, use the polishing pad. You won`t need a cutting pad unless you have something pretty severe and I dunno if you`d really need a finishing pad for the milder stuff (like the Metallic), though some like using them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I`m anxious to try out the 1z polishes. Unfortunately, the S-10 doesn`t look anywhere near as good as it did when that pic was taken. I`m gonna use 1z 4 vehicles. My car, a Lapis Blue Metallic Mazda6, the S-10, Red/Silver and oxidized, my Sister`s black Olds Regency with a lot of swirls/scratches, and my Parents White Regal with some minor marring and spiderwebbing.

Thanks for the advice, Accumulator.

Thread Information