Post Thanks / Like
    As I continue to read, and read, and read... I have assembled a short list of products to doll up my "new to me" metallic black `95 Acura Legend coupe. I`d like opinions on my selections, and a recommendation on the icing on the cake, the final coat. To give you an idea of where I am starting from, see the thread below. With sunlight reflecting off of it like the mustang in this thread, http://www.autopia.org/forums/showth...ghlight=bought I DO NOT have the buffer pulsation marks, but I do have a good amount of the spidering / swirls that the mustang does. In the garage under regular incandescent light, it is very reflective. I can see the clouds reflecting in the hood when It`s outside. Here`s what I have on my list so far, purchased nothing yet:

-1st - Buy a PC (plan to order the 7424 from Coastal Tool)

-2nd - Wash, I`ve seen the debates over "Dawn vs. No Dawn"

-3rd - Mothers Claybar, seems to get good reviews here

-4th - Medallion Premium Paint cleaner (Meguires)

-5th - Meguires #9

-6th - Favorite wax, yet to be determined. There seem to be a zillion choices here.

A few thoughts I have had:

-I imagine if I asked 20 different people what I "needed to do" with my car with swirls, I`d likely get 20 different collections of favorites. Is this accurate?

-I want to get my car looking nice, but I don`t think I have the discipline to be "waxing" (as a generic term for anything that involves the PC) more than 3-4 times a year or so. Therefore, longevity in whatever I chose would probably be wise.

If I have forgotten a step, let me know. Thanks in advance for anything you can offer.
    95 Acura Legend Blk Metallic / Tan Leather Coupe LS

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you`ve got a good start. There`s no need to go overboard until you feel you need to spend more $$$. Start with the basics and go from there.

You`re right, everyone has their favorites. You`ll have favorites too. If you want durability its best to start with the well established products like Klasse AIO or Meguiar`s #20. You can top them with a wax if you want to change their looks but that`s not required or anything.

Detailing 3-4 times per year is just about perfect. Any more than that is OCD which plenty of us are guilty of. Frankly you should only polish when the paint really needs it, no more. When you get your paint looking as good as possible, maintenance is really easy.
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d use either #9 or MPPC and go with a lighter glaze after them or Meguiars #20 then top with #16 if you want a wetter look (assuming you prefer to stay with Meguiars).

Bret is right, 3-4 times a year for the average car is fine. Washing your car is more important since dirt, grime, bird bombs, sap, etc are tough on the wax and paint if you let them sit for weeks on end. Wash and vacuum regularly! Maintain the shine with a quick detailer.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Thread Information