Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Deep_Freeze

Man, I really love that wet, liquid look of Souveran, but hate the price of that stuff. Anything cheaper give a similar appearance??

I`ve been getting real good results with S100/P21S and Clearkote`s Carnauba Moose. Meguiars #16 Pro Paste and Poorboy`s Natty Wax are also excellent products. Any of them should get you 90-95% of the Souveran look at about 1/4th to 1/3rd the price.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Scottwax

I`ve been getting real good results with S100/P21S and Clearkote`s Carnauba Moose. Meguiars #16 Pro Paste and Poorboy`s Natty Wax are also excellent products. Any of them should get you 90-95% of the Souveran look at about 1/4th to 1/3rd the price.

Well, I have tried s100, but it appears more reflective than wet and liquid. Haven`t tried the other ones, any idea which one will give the liquid look?? Like to buy the one that does this look, something different than the s100 that I presently have.
    Rodney - Salma, will you marry me?

`03 Nissan Super Black 350Z

"The simplest method is the best method"

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by hawkfish

After a bunch of reading and research on here along with studying the pictures that people post on here, this what I am going to use;

On my black and navy blue metallic cars, after a very thorough prep, I am going to use AIO/SG for protection and then top it with Pinnacle Souveran since the blue car is for shows and the black is for fair weather and I want it to look as good as possible. I am going to use P21S on my truck, which is a lighter color, and I want to do it more often since it is an all weather car.

I read somewhere on Autopia that carnuba over AIO is fine but not over SG...something to do with the solvents and wax deteriorating the SG coat....

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showth...threadid=34282

good luck with it...my 2 cents...being a noob myself...is that it seems most people would agree with the AIO / S100 (or p21s) combo...I`m concidering AIO with Meg`s #16 or Collinite`s 047 just `cause I`m lazy and don`t want to wax more than neccesary...but if I didn`t mind waxing the concensus seems to be S100

PS I just reread that thread I put the link in for and people here seem to think AIO/SG?Carnuba is fine....it seems poperautocare.com is the one recommending against it...

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi lairdness,

I think some of the Carnauba waxes also have cleaners or chemicals in them which might remove some of the SG but the SouverĂƒ¤n Wax and P21S have no cleaners in them and are supposed to be pure wax only. At least that it what I have read.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d agree that it is best to use paste wax instead of liquid over sealants.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information