Post Thanks / Like
    Are products like Meguiars and EagleOne just as good as all the "fancy" products like Klasse and many other mail order products?:xyxthumbs
    metload1

Post Thanks / Like
    If you use Meguiars Professional lines, then yes. You can get amazing results, for example using SFP #82, Polymer Sealant #20 and Professional Paste Wax #16 (you can substitute NXT for #20 if you wish).

Eagle One? I don`t know since the only Eagle product I use in their glass cleaner. When they introduced a `Teflon` wax, I refused to use their polishes and waxes.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Eagle One wet wipe and shine ties in with clearkote quikshine as my #1 choice for qd. That, and their glass cleaner is about all I use. I also have their Wax as you Dry spray, but it seems to me more like a "qd as you dry" product that leaves a nice shine. I`ve used their nanowax on a few panels on my car and I don`t like it much; it doesnt fill swirls like it claims to, and it is hard to remove.

Post Thanks / Like
    Meg`s pro line and NXT measures up.
    "If you want to be rich - work. If you want to be clever - study. But if you want to be happy - do what you really like"

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes and no; it depends on what you want, and what you mean by "good".

Meguiar`s, EO, Mothers, and others all manufacture their products to work a certain way. Those products will consistently deliver predictable results to a very high standard. So, in the sense of good meaning "doing exactly what it is supposed to do", those products are every bit as good.

However, they are also different, and many here take great pleasure in the difference; after all, a garden is far more interesting if it is not all marigolds. Someone may choose a boutique product, like Poorboys or Zaino, based on a preference for the difference. One product`s method of application might be preferable. Obviously appearance plays a big factor; for example, Zaino is designed to be involved (not difficult) in application, and it is highly reflective and has a reputation for outstanding durability. Price-to-value ratio is important.

So, yes and no. The products might be just as good, but you might like something else more.

Whatever you choose, though, remember: you wil get OUTSTANDING results only if you follow the proper procedures. A swirl filled car with 12 coats of Zaino will be a shiny t--d. A properly prepared car with NuFinish will look fantastic.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m with Mosca, some of the products are so different as to defy direct comparison. And sometimes it`s the difference that people are after.

For instance, Klasse (and, as I recall, Zaino) is a "semi-permanent" sealant. This is different from stuff like NXT and #20. Products like this are sorta unique.

And look at all the different products Scottwax uses. Since he`s IN BUSINESS, if he could get by with fewer products, I bet he would (it would just be smart business sense to streamline his supplies). But there`s always SOMETHING that`s just right for a given job.

But generally, Meg`s Pro stuff is *VERY* good, you just have to match the correct product with the job at hand. Dunno about the Eagle1 stuff, haven`t used it. Like Scottwax, I was put off by their Teflon BS.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Are products from Meguiars and EagleOne just as good as all the fancy products?

Eagle One products are very good . I really like there Wipe and Shine, to me its one of the best QDs out their. It also last a long time like a spray wax . In fact I think that its better then there Nano spray wax.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Are products from Meguiars and EagleOne just as good as all the fancy products?

Except for some of the Griots products which are moving into stores, I`ve liked nearly every product I`ve bought from a on-line retailer/brand better than the OTC products I found at parts stores or WalMart. Mothers and most Meguiars stuff have all been replaced and I never looked back. The performance of the other brands is just so much better and the cost isn`t much different if you are careful in your choices and/or hit sales.

Megiuars is a fun one to compare. Their pro-level Hyperwash blows away their consumer grade Gold Class car soap, but their Natural Shine interior protectant and Ultimate Quik Wax are really good. The consumer QD spray in the purple bottle is quite good too. After trying lots of polishes and compounds, their Ultimate Compound and Polish, don`t impress me much. Other products work better and provide better results.

The only Eagle One products I`ve used are their Nevr Dull and some car wash soap. I happily us the Nevr Dull to this day, but I remember the soap not working well and being really hard to rinse off. I think it was actually the product that drove me to use Gold Class many years ago.

Klasse products being "fancy" is really a matter of perspective. When I lived in the UK back in the early 2000`s, you could buy it in grocery and hardware stores and held a similar status to NuFinish here in the US.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Thread Information