Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,

after several weekends and hundreds of hours spent on removal of swirl marks and minor scratches by hand, I finally decided to throw in the towel.

I will be getting a portable 240V power generator and a bosch random orbital polisher. I have purchased the 3M perfect it Machine Galze, 3M SMR and the bosch white foam pad. Can some kind soul please tell me will this be enough for me to get to work on those nasty swirl marks? I am really sick of seeing them under the sun and normal lighting.

My car is only 2 months old and is black in color. The car agent who delivered the car to me helped me to do a destructive polishing and left lots of swirls marks and a few minor scratches.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Here is a thread that has some interesting info, plus a few good links. http://www.autopia.org/forums/showth...bosch+polisher

Maybe if you specify which model you are getting, people could tell you if the polisher could "theoretically" do the job. Without knowing the model [or more specifically, specifications like speed and orbit size], I`d say you have a high chance of success. Pretty much anything that can move a polishing material [foam] over the surface at a realitively fast pace will be able to polish the surface quickly. It seems like most other orbital sander/polishers actually have higher speeds than the PC [Porter Cable] you see mentioned so much. People choose the PC because it is a good ballance of price and effectiveness, as well as high quality. [I understand you`re not in the US like most people here, though]

One last thing to keep in mind....people say that some paint imperfections are only removable with a rotary. I`m tempted to say that anything that can be done with a rotary can also be done with a PC, just with more time, but that is theoretical thinking, and not from experience.

To sum it up, Yes, the products you listed should work well together to remove your swirls.

Hopefully some others with experience with different machines will jump in here, though.
    Yes, it floats my boat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi mate,

thanks for the advice. I will be getting a Bosch GEX 270AE. Is this good enough?

Thread Information