Post Thanks / Like
    What should i tell the body shop not to do, because i don`t i want the added swirls pkg ? Do i say " don`t buff the bumper when your done, i detail cars and i dont want you to put swirls on it o.k?...." how can i say it politely?

I need help! i dont want them to screw up a newly painted surface...also how long should i wait to add product to the newly painted bumper?

thx in advance

Post Thanks / Like
    tell them to properly match the paint, unlike the shop who painted my rear bumper:

also, tell them not to paint any black plastic parts that aren`t supposed to be painted, yet another thing that my body shop did. They ended up repainting the plastic part black, and did a really bad job at it:

The shop even had my gas filler lid to match the paint and he couldn`t even do that. I filed a complaint with BAR (California`s Bureau of Automotive Repair) so hopefully things will get sorted out... the rear bumper mismatching is only one of many issues I have with the body shop. This was Body Pros in Garden Grove, CA.

As for your questions, I`m not sure if they won`t buff the bumper- from what I understand, they`ll need to colorsand the bumper, which involves wetsanding the new paint with fine grit sandpaper and then following up with a compound to get rid of all of the scratches.

As for waiting to apply products, I`m sure that you can find something on here regarding cure time of new paint. From what I`ve heard, it`s safe to apply glazes and polishes, but not sealants since you want the paint to cure properly. HTH.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks

Thread Information