Post Thanks / Like
    Ive seen different MF towels around, like MF towels, WW and ultra fine terry MF towels, but, which type and brand/vendor would be best removing polish or wax, and QD? Im having problems removing polish/wax/sealant/QD without scratching the paint.

Post Thanks / Like
    I buy only from www.pakshak.com

I use ww for drying (and for most anything really), I usually use green regular mf for wiping off wax/etc, blue mf for the windows and interior, and I use the velvet like short fiber/low nap polishing cloth to do the final wipe on the paint when removing the wax/etc.

I wonder if your mf towels are scratching the paint or leaving marks in the wax and not getting it all off. I use a good regualr mf to remove the wax and then have a velvet-like mf in my other hand to polish the area I`ve just wiped. I`ve found that just going over the area once with one towel often does not get all the product off...no matter what product I`m using.
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by vapore0n

Im having problems removing polish/wax/sealant/QD without scratching the paint.

What brand and type of towels are you now using that are causing you to scratch the paint?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by mirrorfinishman

What brand and type of towels are you now using that are causing you to scratch the paint?

<cough> walmart special :scared :nono

so, at packshak, I could use their MF to remove wax and their ultra fine for last pass and QD?

Post Thanks / Like
    As I recently found out, not all MF are the same. I had received a few samples from a nearby company and was really not impressed with the quality of their towels. I was somewhat surprised to find out(the hard way) that not all MF towels are the same. A lesson well learned. I am now in the process of contacting many of the MF manufacturers and distributors requesting samples.

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote: which type of towel for what job?

~One mans opinion / observation~

Micro fibre is not a fabric, it is a yarn, spun into thread, which is used to weave or knit fabric. The most common micro fibres weave is polyester; called Microfiber and will indeed scratch the surface of your car if you aren`t careful. You should, as a rule, avoid any cloth material that is not 100% natural and the cheaper imports from Asia, fabricated from polyester, rayon, nylon, and nylon by-products.

By definition, (very small; involving minute quantities or variations) micro fibres are ultra-fine yarns made from various sources. They can be polyester, nylon, or a natural material such as cellulose. Micro fibres are two times finer than silk and nearly one hundred times finer than human hair. The smaller the diameter, the softer the fabric will feel. This does not mean, however, that it is not abrasive or will not scratch. Just because it says Microfiber and it feels soft does not guarantee a scratch free shine!

Micro fibres are never used in their natural state, they are spun together to make a larger diameter yarn, which is then used to weave or knit various fabrics such as twills, satins, and terrycloth. Many times you will see micro fibre spun in combination with other yarns in order to achieve a desired result. For example, nylon spun with spandex to give it stretch is a common fabric used in lingerie and swimwear fabrics.

Pinnacleâ„ Microfiber:

These are split during the manufacturing process and then woven into a fabric consisting of 70-80% Polyester (scrubbing fibres) an 20-30% Polyamides (absorbing Fibres) Both are a nylon by-product of with a denier thickness of approximately 0.01â€(a “feathered†finish provides absorbs ion properties for glass cleaning, a “hooked†finish with ends that grab and hold dirt, grime and residues, a great tool for removing wax/polish)

These filaments are positively charged (dust/dirt have a negative charge). Density of the towel is quoted as “fibres per square inch†with 150-200,000 strands being the norm. They work better when the fibres are free from wax / polish / compounds that clog them, this material is also very adsorbent, so wash after each use. They are designed for ease of use and durability, and can be used /washed at least 500 times.

Alpine DFâ„ Towels:

Use all-natural cellulose micro fibre spun with long staple cotton that is then woven in a terrycloth fabric. Compare this terrycloth with those of other manufacturers. The first thing you will notice is how much softer it is. Also take note of the larger terry loops used. These larger loops allow for more fabric to come into contact with the surface than other terrycloth’s.

Alpine Microfiberâ„ is DF`s trademark for micro fibre yarn. It is a process that combines 100% natural materials into very absorbent and soft yarn that will not scratch whatever surface it comes into contact with.

Traditional polyester/polyamide blend terry cloth Microfiber towels have fibres with hooked barbs for grabbing power, which makes them excellent towels for cleaning and scrubbing, it also means that are more likely to put micro scratches in your paint.

Autopia Concourse Buffing Towel:

They are smooth and virtually flat, giving the towel very low surface resistance; as a result, the CBT is as scratch-free as any towel could possibly be. This is a final buff and quick detailing towel; the large terry loops ensure safe buffing by pulling dust particles and dry wax away from your car’s paint into the nap of the towel. The CBT gets better with age, wash before use, but do not use bleach or fabric softener.

Autopia Ultimate Drying Towel:

They`re big, soft, easy to use and very gentle on your car`s paint, like no other chamois or towel you`ve used to dry your car. There are a few different waffle weave towels available and they`re all great drying towels. What makes this waffle weave drying towel different is that it`s noticeably softer, lighter and easier to use. The lighter weight Microfiber weave used in our Ultimate Drying Towel absorbs water very fast, Will absorb many times it`s own weight in water, absorbs 20% to 30% more liquid than cotton.. The Ultimate Drying Towel is 25 by 36 inches and is woven with an 80/20 blend of polyester and polyamide Microfiber with a tufted, high pile loop. The tufted waffle pattern makes this towel 100% scratch-free on even the most delicate car finish.

DFÂ Concours Wax Applicator: made from 100% cotton, with a removable foam pad so you can easily wash the applicator, remove the pad and you also have a handy detailing finger glove for those hard to reach places. A huge advantage to applying polish is that you can remove the foam pad, soak it in water and reinsert it into the sleeve. Use the DFÂ Concours Applicator to apply polishes

Source:Microfiber Plus

~ Hope this helps ~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wastedâ€/

justadumbarchitect * so i question everything*
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Thread Information