Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey all, can you wash all of these things together?

Blue Perl microfiber applicator pads

Ultimate Drying Towel

Ultimate Detailing Towel

I`m in love with the Autopia Ultimate Drying Towel Can`t wait to order the Blue Perl microfiber applicator pads and Ultimate Detailing Towels.
    2006 Limited V6 RAV4

Post Thanks / Like
    yes, if they are all microfiber then they can be washed together.
    Justin
    Now Driving: 1998 Black 4Runner
    Have a nice day

Post Thanks / Like
    Get some of the Micro-Restore cleaner from www.autofiber.com. The stuff is great.

If you don`t use Micro-Restore, add a cup of distilled white vinegar to your wash load. The light acid does a great job neutralizing hard water, which tends to load up the fibers.

db

Post Thanks / Like
    Interested, should I use a cup of distilled white vinegar to every wash load of microfiber?

And there will be no problem washing a microfiber towel that has wax residue on it with a towl that was just used for drying only?
    2006 Limited V6 RAV4

Post Thanks / Like
    This needs some clearing up here. You can wash anything with anything else, it`s just that you don`t want to mix your detailing towels with clothing or other items that may deposit lint on the towels. The fact that a towel has microfiber sized yarns has nothing to do whith what you can wash it with. Be careful of colors, many of the colored towels have excess dye which will transfer to other items.

Hot water is best as it removes wax, polish, and oily substances a lot better than cold will.

Vinegar: you use white vinegar in the final rinse, NOT in the wash. The reason is that the vinegar allws the fibers to shed any excess detergent left from the wash cycle. it is an old washing trick dating back before washing machines! You should use one tablespoon per towel in the machine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally, I use Tide Free and some OxyClean in hot water with a cold water rinse. I usually rinse a second time and then throw all my mf`s in the dryer on the knits setting (low heat). My towels come out perfectly clean and fluffy every time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow was I shocked today. I Z5`d the car, and man is it lookin` great again. Anyrate, half way through I decided to try my new turtlewax cotton applicator pads. I spritzed it with qd and just rubbed it a little in an inconspicuous area, and low and behold micro-marring...really really bad micro-marring. I tested my little seamless 100% cotton towels that I usually just fold up and use as an applicator pad and no marring caused. However, after Zing my car, I do notice some verticle marring, which leads me to conclude that my "good" towels/applicator pad did in fact marr my surface.

Will the microfiber applicator pads sold here do that too? I want the safest thing I can get for my delicate and pathetic paint.
    2006 Limited V6 RAV4

Post Thanks / Like
    I use warm water only with delicate cycle. I also use low heat when drying. Too much heat may shrink the poly fibers.

Post Thanks / Like
    In addition to my last posted question about if the microfiber applicator pads will cause swirls, I also have another question.

I plan on ordering some ultimate detailing towels to remove the Zaino after it`s been applied. I`m not sure what towels I should use for that.

Should I use the Ultimate Detailing towel to remove the Zaino, and then follow up with the Concours Buffing Towel, or is that un-necessary. IMO too much rubbing on the surface is not good.

OR

Should I just use the Ultimate Detailing towel to remove the Zaino and then buff with another Ultimate Detailing towel?

I guess I`m confused on the difference between the Ultimate Detailing towel and the Concours Buffing Towel, and when I should use one and when I should use the other...
    2006 Limited V6 RAV4

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m still having a washing problem with the Meguiar`s MF cloths. I use a small amount of liquid detergent and put them in a warm wash, machine rinse, then tumble dry.

But they still seem to slightly coat the surface of my cars... almost like putting a tiny film over the paint instead of taking it off as they did when new.

Is it because they`re not being washed thoroughly? I read not to use powder soap because it`s hard to rinse out, so I use a half teaspoon of dishwashing detergent.

These towels get used mainly with Meguiar`s quick detailer - nothing else - and only on clean surfaces.

Any thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t have experience with Meg`s MF`s, but from reading your post, I notice something that may be a part of the problem. You say you warm wash, machine rinse, and tumble dry. And you`re only using 1/2 teaspoon of dishwashing detergent? IMHO, that may not be quite enough detergent to wash away any oils, etc....

I use liquid laundry detergent, in the detergent manufacturer`s recommended quantity for the size of load. I wash on warm and machine rinse. Another thing I do is use a "Downy" ball filled with distilled white vinegar to the "fill line" on it. This is to help any detergent to be rinsed away. I use the "Downy" ball because I`m too lazy to keep checking the washer for the rinse cycle. I`m not sure what quantity of vinegar the fill line on the "Downy" ball is, but it works well.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Dave Holmes

...And you`re only using 1/2 teaspoon of dishwashing detergent? IMHO, that may not be quite enough detergent to wash away any oils, etc...

Good point Dave. I know MF needs a lot more attention because of its absorbing qualities, but didn`t know which way to go.

Maybe more detergent and more rinsing will do it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey I forgot all about my downy ball. I have been wanting to use vinegar in my final rinse but didn`t want to hang around the washer waiting for the rinse cycle( I use a laundramat)

Post Thanks / Like
    That is a good idea, I`ll have to run out to the store to get one.
    2006 Limited V6 RAV4

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys I am brand new here. I have been washing my MF towels with reg. laundry detergent, but always in a load by themselves, I`ll have to try the vinegar trick. One thing I am careful about is not to put the dryer sheets in there with the MF, my husband did just that one time and I couldn`t figure out for the life of my why there were greasy streaks on my baby.
    "Loose Lucy"

2003 Nissan 350Z

Brickyard Touring 5 A/T

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information