Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    This is an idea I`ve been going over in my head during my past few details...someone might have already posted it on Autopia or someone might find a good reason to not do it, but I figured it might help someone out just the same.

I have a few products I wish were aeresol. Such as: Klasse Vinyl/Plastic protectant, Meg`s EK (wheel wells), etc. Whenever I`m applying them I think "Damn this would go so much faster if this were in an aeresol spray bottle."

Well I finally realized the solution. If you`ve ever spent any time browsing Williams Sonoma you`ve probably seen those little pump-up spray bottles. You know the kind you fill halfway with olive oil and then pump a bunch of times and spray just like an aeresol can. Why not use those for detailing?

So before I go splurge at WS, does this sound like a feasible idea to you guys? Would these kinda products work in a sprayer designed for olive oil?
    Ben

2000 Estoril Blue M Coupe

2002 Le Mans Blue M5

1988 Alpine White 325iX

1985 Chrysler Green 325e

Post Thanks / Like
    I get 2oz squeeze top bottles and 4- or 8- oz pump spray bottles at Michael`s Craft Store. The 2 oz bottles are 69 cents, the 4 oz spray bottles are $1.39, the 8 oz bottles are $1.89 (I think). The 2 oz bottles are great for final products, like Klasse, #20, NXT, etc; it`s easy to make sure you are using a small amount of product.

The pump spray bottles give a really fine spray, almost like an atomizer. I`d judge them good for leather and dash sprays, but not enough volume for tires, and too fine a spray for exterior trim, and not enough spray for a QD. A better sprayer for larger volumes and areas, with better directional control, is available at Sam`s Club, 4 quart bottles for $6 or so.

I really dig those 2 oz bottles from the craft store though. Decant a couple ounces of product, then you can stick the little bottle in your pocket as you work.

Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the little bottles that came with the Zaino ZFX .. I kept one for the ZFX mix and the rest I use for products.. I just decan`t what I need .. then when done put the rest back in the original container and wash the little bottle for next time.
    PMS Adjuster

This he is a she

Post Thanks / Like
    Shopping at W-S, you bunch of pretty boys!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Mosca

I get 2oz squeeze top bottles

The 2 oz bottles are 69 cents,

I really dig those 2 oz bottles from the craft store though. Decant a couple ounces of product, then you can stick the little bottle in your pocket as you work.

Tom

For $.50 you can get little 2oz bottles from jo-ann fabrics with 2 oz`s of paint in them (i just rinse the paint out ) It adds up with like 30 bottles

Post Thanks / Like
    Checkout this website, all the plastic bottles and containers you`ll ever need.

www.usplastics.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, the website is actually: www.usplastic.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Guys, the problem with those is that you have to PUMP as you go. I want to pump first, then use that built up pressure to dispense the product as i move along the side of the car.

Know what I mean?
    Ben

2002 Le Mans Blue M5

1988 Alpine White 325iX

1985 Chrysler Green 325e

Post Thanks / Like
    This is what Williams Sonoma sells, though they put their name on it and charge $12 more.

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/pro...l+Spray+Bottle
    Ben

2002 Le Mans Blue M5

1988 Alpine White 325iX

1985 Chrysler Green 325e

Post Thanks / Like
    I purchased a dozen of these off of ebay CHEAP and they work great for liquids that aren`t too thick. I can use then for FD, Clearkote QS, APC+, 303, #40, and a few others I can`t think of at the moment. They aren`t recommended for solvent based liquids.

I`ve been very happy with them.

Cory

Post Thanks / Like
    Which ones did you purchase? I was looking at them on eBay as well, but couldn`t tell which ones were decent quality.
    Ben

2002 Le Mans Blue M5

1988 Alpine White 325iX

1985 Chrysler Green 325e

Post Thanks / Like
    I got some that were originally for NoWet weaterless car wash, but they look exactly like the Nalgene ones posted in the link above. Exactly like them.

I`ve also got some of the ones off of ebay that clear with a red ring at the top and bottom and you pump the bottom (vs. the top with the Nalgene). They aren`t bad and spray a finer mist with a wider angle, but I don`t like them as much as the Nalgene ones.

Cory

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like I have to keep my eye on eBay for some of the NoWet or Nalgene ones. They`re $12.95 apiece from that link I posted.

How many did you buy? Want to sell a few?
    Ben

2002 Le Mans Blue M5

1988 Alpine White 325iX

1985 Chrysler Green 325e

Post Thanks / Like
    I got them for a steal - 12 for $10 plus shipping. Not looking to sell any - they are actually just about all being used between two cars and inside the house.

Cory

Post Thanks / Like
    They have those things at WalMart in the cooking section. Its a pressure sprayer used for stuff like olive oil. I bought one but haven`t used it.
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information