Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    I'm back YIPEE Refreshed! The Chee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Poor sc430!:sosad ignorance is a bliss or curse:nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m still cringing!!!!!!!

While finishing up my V`s detail this a.m., I was listening to Jeff Foxworthy`s Country Countdown, and he actually said " You Might Be a Redneck if . . . You wash your car with a squeegee @ the gas station." Then he admitted that he had done it!!!!
    . . . looking for an Air Conditioned garage

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah, I stopped giving advice to people who are in the process of working long ago for that reason. They got thier products and they have alrady started with a (poor) method they have already decided on. Usually I will give advice before they plan on working and give them some time to think about what I sugessted.
    Black Mustang GT

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Somedevil

I looked at him, square in the eye and said "why didn`t you just buy Ajax and a brillo pad"?

I went back to my garage, finished off my car and this morning when I went out to get my paper, I took a look at his car...which is now a giant scratch on 4 wheels. He did his entire car this way!

I wanted to get a picture of the car to post here, but he`s been outside for the past 4 hours....looks like he`s trying to wash the scratches off.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by neoflex

As I was cleaning up the cars this weekend I saw a woman from around the corner drive by with wax completly caked on, on every surface of the vehicle minus the windows. I do hope they realize that you should apply and remove. Scary part is it looked like it has been on there awile as there was salt and dirt built up over it. Hmmmmm maybe they are looking to really protect it from the salt!

That reminds me, my friend has this beat up old 89 S-10 with the dullest paint I`ve ever seen....it looks like bare metal or something. One day he pulls up to school with a thick coat of wax on the hood. I`m like, what the hell? You waxed the hood and didn`t remove it? It`s not a surfboard you moron! He was in shock and seriously thought you don`t remove wax after applying! After I told him, and explained there`s no reason to wax his truck because it`s questionable whether or not the paint is still alive, he took his shirt and started rubbing it off really hard.....I sighed and walked away.

Post Thanks / Like
    I really want to see that lexus.....better yet, I want to see the owner come over to you and ask for help! What car you drivin somedevil?
    "You offroad that thing?" "Yea man, all the time"

Post Thanks / Like
    My first post, but here it goes:

i saw a man wash (maybe more like spreading around) spilled gasoline offof his car at a gas sation with the window squeedgee. then he dried it off with oneof those really course recycled brown paper towels.
    -Glenn Jr.

There is always room to learn.

Post Thanks / Like
    I really want to see that lexus.....better yet, I want to see the owner come over to you and ask for help! What car you drivin somedevil?

Me too! I don`t think he`d ever ask me for help though. He`s one of those competitive type neighbors...I moved in last spring and seeded my lawn, he sodded his lawn two weeks later. I had my driveway redone with concrete, he had his redone with brick. I bought a snow thrower, he bought a bigger one a week later.

My wife thinks we should go to an exotic car place and rent a Ferrari for a week just to see if he`d go and buy one.

I`m driving an 04` Solara SLE....dark pearl blue called Oceanic or Oceanus Pearl. Good car so far driving wise, but impossible to keep looking clean.

--Somedevil

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah! Do it! Rent the Ferarri! LOL!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by norahcrv

" You Might Be a Redneck if . . . You wash your car with a squeegee @ the gas station."

I `worked` for years at a self-serve gas station and let me tell ya, there`s a lotta rednecks out there. Nearly every day I`d see some customer squeeqeeing a gas dribble down the side of their car or letting their kids the go at the whole car with the damn thing. :shocked

Post Thanks / Like
    lol that sucks guys...

My friends 98 Grand Am SE...its almost sad looking at it.....its blue.....and VERY dirty...looking at the wing thats on it, there are more scratches in that then i`ve ever seen on an entire car!the interior is more like a trash can....I would offer to clean it for him but I know it wouldnt be appreciated really and i know that by the next day, it would be back in the same shape its in right now!

Its scary, lol
    :bounce 1981 Chevy Malibu - 1986 Jeep Comanche - 1987 Pontiac Firebird :bounce

Post Thanks / Like
    Just this weekend I went to go get my m3 from my parents house (was keeping it there for safe keeping because i have no garage) anyway my dad decided to clean it and dry it with an old Cali waterblade well now my almost perfect freshly wg`d paint has scatches all over, since i dont have a pc, tomorrow will be my first time taking it to a pro detailer. i tried #9 with no luck, Dad is not allowed to wash it again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Mbimmer182

Just this weekend I went to go get my m3 from my parents house (was keeping it there for safe keeping because i have no garage) anyway my dad decided to clean it and dry it with an old Cali waterblade well now my almost perfect freshly wg`d paint has scatches all over, since i dont have a pc, tomorrow will be my first time taking it to a pro detailer. i tried #9 with no luck, Dad is not allowed to wash it again.

Instead of paying a professional detailer, use that money to go buy a PC and do it yourself. You`ll probably be happier with the results and you will be able to take care of the small blemishes that appear over time. Heck, by the time you pay for the PC some pads some good polish (if you don`t already have), you might come out a little ahead (not including the time invested).

Cory

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by ccreamer

Instead of paying a professional detailer, use that money to go buy a PC and do it yourself. You`ll probably be happier with the results and you will be able to take care of the small blemishes that appear over time. Heck, by the time you pay for the PC some pads some good polish (if you don`t already have), you might come out a little ahead (not including the time invested).

Cory

Hell that is wat I did! I paid 100 for the first time around, after finding this site, I paid 120 for a PC.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone see the TV add for Eagle One Wax As You Dry? The one guy has a wool bonnet on the business end of a gas weed eater fixing to remove the wax on his car

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread Information