Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by lawrencea

What is the reason for puting wax on a car and letting it sit their for a couple of days before wiping off.? I would like to know what these people are thinking?

:nixweiss It isn`t like he doesn`t know what I do for a living either. All he had to do was ask for a recommendation on what to do and what to use.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Heres what I saw.

An old lady using the vacume on the cars pain :nixweiss I sure dont know why. Id understand that its cold and she`s preaty old, but vacuming the cars paint? I wish I had my camera

here`s what got done to my car. I decided to pay to get my car cleaned rather than put up with below 0 temperatures. So, I pay for handwash, 35$. I expected something very delicate since it was in a place where they detail cars too. I turn my back on the guy. Then I feel this pain, this something is wrong feeling. I turn to the guy, and he`s using a brush on my car!!. I was pissed yes, but I still let him continue. Well, once he`s finished he gives me this "tips please" look, i give hin the "stfu noob" look. I had to suffer seeing those really bad swirls on my car for almost 2 monsths. I got them out yesterday :wavey

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll add a few quick stories:

Lady on my street uses a push broom to wash her car. Very course, rough surface push brrom. The car is a 2003 mecury grand marquis. You should see it.

A guy by my parents has a black cadilac catera, not sure what year. He dries it with a bathmatt, you know the ones with the rubber backing. "It keeps my hands from geting wet."

At a dealership a few months ago, I saw a guy put a rotary down on the pad. The floor was concrete, went right back to the paint

Another dealership, brand new Chrysler Crossfire in black. Chamois dropped on the ground, stepped on it, picked it up and kept going.

My favorite, because it is considered "the way to do it" in memphis dealerships:

Apply wax by hand on brand new car, remove with a rotary, full speed with a twisted wool cutting pad. You would NOT believe the swirls. "That wool brings out the shine."

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW I can`t believe what I`m seeing. A bathmat to dry the car, AAARGH. What are these people on man.
    Car care/detailing sadly isn`t high on the agenda for 98% of australians.

Post Thanks / Like
    Pulled up the car wash stall at my apartment complex a couple of weeks ago and a middle aged lady was washing her late 90`s Caddy Deville. I almost soiled myself when I saw her dump a pile of Ajax (scouring powder) on to a Brillo pad and use that to clean her wheels. Ok... I say to myself, calm down, the wheels where a machined finish, so she probably isn`t doing THAT much damage. She then proceeds to dump another pile of Ajax on the Brillo pad and spot clean various other parts of the car with it!!! My jaw was on the ground. The amazing thing is that she actually appeared to be paying attention and genuinely trying to touch up any little spots she might have missed. She even spent a good 45 minutes drying wiping down after the "wash". I said nothing and went about my business with my 2 buckets, sheepskin mitt and 1Z Pearls Shampoo.

Post Thanks / Like
    One of my co-workers did me a "favor" (so HE thought) and cleared off MY WHOLE CAR WITH HIS SNOW BRUSH

Of course it left some Gawd-awful marks since the car had a few weeks of salt & road grit build up that got rubbed around by the hard plastic bristles
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like
    yesterday i saw an old lady washing her car at the gas station

using the sponge from the window cleaning bucket

Her car was full of sand and salt
    No free rides.

Post Thanks / Like
    OOOUUUCCCHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe she thought the salt would help clean the sand!
    Trent Byrd

Down N` Dirty Auto Detailing-Owner

Perfection is my standard!

Post Thanks / Like
    How about Scotch Brite pads to smooth out touch up paint?

Good thing she called me

(Blue Moose, DACP, SFP, VM, CNW)
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Great work...

Thats a LOT of door dings :shocked

Post Thanks / Like
    I was washing my car in the coin-op with the pressure sprayer. I had the nozzle about 3 inches away from the paint when the time ran out and the water turned off. Now without the force of the water, the nozzle dropped and scrathed my door.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by GoodnClean

Thats a LOT of door dings :shocked

don`t mean to hijack but...why do car manufacturers insist on putting the door guards at one of the lowest points on the door? Everytime I see a car door with dings, they are well above the guard. That Maxima is a perfect example...:nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    As I was cleaning up the cars this weekend I saw a woman from around the corner drive by with wax completly caked on, on every surface of the vehicle minus the windows. I do hope they realize that you should apply and remove. Scary part is it looked like it has been on there awile as there was salt and dirt built up over it. Hmmmmm maybe they are looking to really protect it from the salt!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, mine don`t even compare:

- Wife`s coworker gets bird doo off her car with Scotch green pad.

- Saw BWM 535, beautiful beautiful black car, being washed by the owner at a spray em` off with the brush. He was putting his back into it too. Scrubbing the pretty hood with the bristles bend all the way down. I could tell that he normally has it done correctly. It was just the first warm day in a while and he wanted it clean.

- Not wash related, but my mother-in-law who is stuck in her ways always goes to a certain grocery store. Unfortunately, in the last 10 years or so, that part of town has become really run down. Since her 1996 Camry is the nicest looking thing in the lot, they will key her car and the old Cutlases will put massive door dings. Additionally horrible is that the Slum Winn Dixie has prices higher than the Publix that`s only 2 miles further down the road in the medical district. I only do her car two or three times a year and otherwise she goes through a touchless, but each time I really look at the car it has taken more and more damage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by neoflex

As I was cleaning up the cars this weekend I saw a woman from around the corner drive by with wax completly caked on, on every surface of the vehicle minus the windows. I do hope they realize that you should apply and remove. Scary part is it looked like it has been on there awile as there was salt and dirt built up over it. Hmmmmm maybe they are looking to really protect it from the salt!
    That`s a good idea with boots...apply polish in very generous amounts, don`t work it in. We do that in the military when we`re using our only pair for nasty details.

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread Information