Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728

Post Thanks / Like
    When I first started doing dealer work and wasn`t familiar with their nature, I would actually put some pretty good effort into getting the swirls out and not just hide them. Then I walked past the row of cars at a dealer the day after I did a nice black BMW and it was completely covered in swirls again! I was like ***!! So I went into their shop and saw the owner washing another car I just did with a dirty push broom! Yeah, ever since that day the swirls get filled on their cars.
    Rich Grasa

Pro Mobile Detailing based in New Milford, CT

www.explicitdetails.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Great to see the thread I started years ago is still going.
    Car care/detailing sadly isn`t high on the agenda for 98% of australians.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Car Washing Horror Stories

// Sorry for the 8 year bump. This thread is so long that I didn`t realise it stopped a long time ago.

Ohhh boy, this thread popped right into mind this morning.

We had an intense ice storm and then a good sprinkling of snow over the last 2 days, here in Southern Ontario, Canada.

Next thing you know, I am looking out the window this morning and I see the neighbour cleaning snow off the roof and sides of his car using a wide industrial wooden FLOOR BROOM.

Example image:

Next thing you know, I look up again, and he`s doing the `fine details` of snow removal using a STRAW BROOM:

Example image:

It was painful, very painful to watch.
    Likes SWETM, Stokdgs, mc2hill liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I think I would’ve fainted. I guess severe marring and random isolated deep scratches doesn’t bother some.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The PO of my `93 Audi used not only brooms, but also *snow shovels* to clear the snow off it, with predictable results

The paint, the lenses, the trim...even the glass. Eh, oh well, it was her car...It fared better than the Volvo wagon I inherited, which had suffered similarly in the winter and was never waxed/etc. since the salesman said it didn`t need it (and that was single-stage too). And then there`s that Tahoe I have...

Some Autopians would probably say they wouldn`t be caught dead in `em, but ya know...I still loved the Volvo (once I`d performance-modded it ) and the `93 Audi is perhaps my favorite current vehicle (yeah, I like it better than the S8). And I like the Tahoe so much that I got rid of my "better" SUVs. There`s more to a vehicle than unmarred paint (consider who`s saying that ) even if I won`t tolerate one with some kinds of it.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DownFlyer View Post
    // Sorry for the 8 year bump. This thread is so long that I didn`t realise it stopped a long time ago.

Ohhh boy, this thread popped right into mind this morning.

We had an intense ice storm and then a good sprinkling of snow over the last 2 days, here in Southern Ontario, Canada.

Next thing you know, I am looking out the window this morning and I see the neighbour cleaning snow off the roof and sides of his car using a wide industrial wooden FLOOR BROOM.

Example image:

Next thing you know, I look up again, and he`s doing the `fine details` of snow removal using a STRAW BROOM:

Example image:

It was painful, very painful to watch.
    I did this to my 07 jeep wrangler before buying my 15 Audi and paying attention to detailing. Hood already had some trail scratches. Put some pretty good ones in with a broom over the winter lol

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder what kinds of things factor in with regard to people doing/not stuff like using a broom on a painted surface. No, no...I`m not flaming people who have, just wondering.

kjeeper- Arguably, there are different standards for Jeep Wranglers that actually go more off-road than, uhm...parking lots. Very different from an Audi at least Although I suppose that somebody who does Rally-type stuff would say the same thing about those!
    Likes kjeeper liked this post

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728

Thread Information