Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    When I was about 11 years old my dad was out of town so I decided I was going to wash his white corvette for him. I figured since it was white that bleach would be the best thing to get it super clean. So I went to work with my spray bottle of bleach and old bath towels...it didn`t end well LOL. Fortunately my dad understood that I was just trying to be nice, but he did get pretty upset. Lesson learned!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DownFlyer
    When I was a teenager in the high school band, we ran these car wash fund raisers at a local gas station. The teacher told us all to bring rags and stuff from home to use. So I and everyone else brought all kinds of old cut up shirts, terry cloths, old bath towels, etc. At least we were hanging them on pipes at the gas station so they would not touch the ground.

We got everything from ancient Pontiacs to an occasional Audi(!!) I look back at it and laugh, but damn, from reading this forum I know better than to take my car to such a car wash!

haha I have a similar story. My brothers class did a fundraiser washing cars and they were doing fine (as fine as a car wash with rags and dish soap can be) until someone got a pebble caught in their rag and gouged a 6 month old 6-series Bimmer. That was the last car wash that school held.

Another thing that I have witnessed is a girl that I went to high school with telling about how she washed her car with a brillo pad. Then she goes on to ask me why it has so many scratches and isnt shiny anymore. I told her for $450 I would make it look like new again. She said no and I just laughed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mercury89
    haha I have a similar story. My brothers class did a fundraiser washing cars and they were doing fine (as fine as a car wash with rags and dish soap can be) until someone got a pebble caught in their rag and gouged a 6 month old 6-series Bimmer. That was the last car wash that school held.

Another thing that I have witnessed is a girl that I went to high school with telling about how she washed her car with a brillo pad. Then she goes on to ask me why it has so many scratches and isnt shiny anymore. I told her for $450 I would make it look like new again. She said no and I just laughed.

She was blonde, right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dave40co
    She was blonde, right?

Actually she was

Post Thanks / Like
    best thread ever

never got so many laughs online
    Marc Harris from AutoLavish Fine Automobile Care of Michigan

Post Thanks / Like
    Take a look at this video

Blonde using pressure washer

Post Thanks / Like
    haha wow. Some people amaze me

Post Thanks / Like
    While at 7-11 a few weeks ago, I happened to see a black hazed S600 in the parking lot. I waited for the owner (I live in West Virginia--it`s not a common sight in this area) to give him one of my cards. Conversation starts out as usual "nice car" blah blah, and I eventually mention the noticeable haze on the paint. I tell the owner, who happens to be a British musician who regularly tours Europe, that I can make it look a lot better. He then spit on his hand, rubbed it on a rear panel, and said "see, it all comes off". I didn`t want to go into some long and drawn out conversation about paint care, so I just smiled. Seemed like a cool guy though. He mentioned that he had another one in impound and that the police were trying to sell it back to him.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Domas

Oh, THAT`S how you get the puke stains off the doors !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder what is her purpose of spraying water inside the trunk...

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder what is her purpose of spraying water inside the trunk...

I see a little kid wandering around in front of the car -- perhaps he puked or crapped in the car and she`s trying to hose out the smell as best as she can -- including the cargo area?

I sorta remember doing the same thing with a church van many, many years ago after one of our group had a few too many beers. (What the good father didn`t know about some of the youth group trips.... )
    2003 Black 10th Anniversary SVT Cobra

2001 Icelandic Pearl Nissan Maxima

Post Thanks / Like
    At my old condo I used to ONR my car in the parking garage. Well one day I`m doing it and the old lady who parks across from me comes out and just watches me for about 20 minutes. She then goes back to her condo and comes back with a ratty old towel.

She proceeds to wipe down her brand new black BMW. We`ve all talked about how soft the black beamers are here. I`m watching her and cringing. She then comes over to me and goes, "You do a pretty good job on your car, I`m pretty OCD about mine too. You take a long time though. I just did my car in about 10 minutes."

I say, "yeah but you just put a ton of scratches in your paint." I walked over and showed her the swirl marks in her paint and she gasped. "How much would that cost to get that out?" I told her that it would probably be a few hundred for someone that will get good results. She stomped back inside all ticked off. I went back to my ONRing.
    2007 Mazda3i - Black Mica

2009 Honda Civic EX-L coupe - Tafetta White

Post Thanks / Like
    ^OWNED

i love when people have some comment about how much longer it takes to do it the way we do (doing things the right way and safe way), then you show them the difference or explain as to why you do every little thing. ha
    Marc Harris from AutoLavish Fine Automobile Care of Michigan

Post Thanks / Like
    i was in an auto shop class in high school, mostly for fun since i had already been raised around cars since i could walk so most of the stuff we did in class was old news, but a lot of the other students in there were clueless. well one day, this girl brought in her boyfriends acura integra so we could put a new intercooler in it. well, when we got in finished up she decided she wanted to clean it up before she returned it to her (now ex)boyfriend. so i was putting tools away and what not and i turned around and she had sprayed straight simple green all over the car and was wiping it off with paper towels. you could almost hear the paint screaming in pain.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shinyred6
    she had sprayed straight simple green all over the car and was wiping it off with paper towels. you could almost hear the paint screaming in pain.

My ex did this to her dads truck. He used diluted simple green to clean off the wheels, tires and the bed, which had a spray in liner. Well she decided to be nice and use it full strength one day to clean the rest of his truck. His expression was priceless.
    Working on becoming an Autopian Driveway Detailer

Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread Information