Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    This happened this afternoon.

They are doing road construction around my way. So when I got home, I decided to use some of my quicker detailer on it, to remove some dust from driving through the area. My car had just been washed the other day and it was not dirty enough to warrant a full was, just needed some touch up.

SO I get home and grab the bottle and notice the top sprayer is broken off along with the top part of the bottle. One of my many animals (probably the cat) must have knocked it down. There was still a good amount left as it is the big spray bottle. I have some extra clean spray bottle around I use for spraying the cats with water. SO I scrubbed one and dried it to make sure it was clean. I then poured the remaining quick detailer into this spray bottle. I took a sharpie to it and wrote QD on the side so I would remember what it was. Then off I go outside to clean the dust off.

Here is where it gets fun. AS I am cleaning my Element, my neighbors wife sees me and asks what I am doing. I told her what I was doing. She decides to clean her husbands new car, as he is out of town on business and left his car home. She starts spraying his car and wiping it with bath towels. Something seemed wrong with this picture. I noticed a unmarked spray bottle bottle but could not see what it was. After I was done, I went over to see how she was doing. She was done and the car was wrecked.

Come to find the bottle was filled with concrete cleaner. She felt that since her husband uses it to clean th garage floor it would work for the car. She also used industrial strength Goo-Off (not safe for paint) to get anything the cleaner had left behind.

My neighbor is in for a real treat when he gets home and sees the paint is completely destroyed on his Brand New 2009 Hemi Orange Pearl Dodge Challenger SRT-8. I will be sitting on my front porch awaiting his arrival. Should be quite a show.
    Working on becoming an Autopian Driveway Detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by critical_level2
    his Brand New 2009 Hemi Orange Pearl Dodge Challenger SRT-8..

Nooooo. :faint:

That`s no good.

Post Thanks / Like
    AS I am cleaning my Element, my neighbors wife sees me and asks what I am doing. I told her what I was doing. She decides to clean her husbands new car, as he is out of town on business and left his car home. She starts spraying his car and wiping it with bath towels. Something seemed wrong with this picture. I noticed a unmarked spray bottle bottle but could not see what it was. After I was done, I went over to see how she was doing. She was done and the car was wrecked.

My neighbor is in for a real treat when he gets home and sees the paint is completely destroyed on his Brand New 2009 Hemi Orange Pearl Dodge Challenger SRT-8. I will be sitting on my front porch awaiting his arrival. Should be quite a show.

Knowing the thought process of this country I wouldn`t be surprised if they tried to hold you liable somehow.

Post Thanks / Like

.........you may be able to save that marriage :grinno:
    2005 Mercedes E55 AMG / 2007 GMC Yukon XL / 2008 Ducati Hypermotard / 2006 BMW K1200S / 1999 BMW M3

Post Thanks / Like
    My mom lives in Alabama, not the worst environ for paint, but not the best either. Lots of tree sap, lots of bugs, hard sun in the summer, etc. Anyway, I came back from college for a visit a few years ago and noticed that her Miata looked TERRIBLE! She has to 2000 LM with the Magenta paint and polished wheels, which is normally a pretty slick looking little car, but the wheels were cloudy and the paint looked like the clear coat had been completely removed. When I asked her what happened, she said that she had been taking good care of it, washing it every couple weeks, so I asked her what she used to wash it (figure probably 15-20 washes in the year since I`d seen the car). With a straight face, she said "Dawn and a rag"

:bawling:

I got it back to decent looking, but that paint will never ever be the same.

Post Thanks / Like

paint is completely destroyed on his Brand New 2009 Hemi Orange Pearl Dodge Challenger SRT-8.

I just threw up in my mouth a little. :aww:

Post Thanks / Like

HOLY CRAP! I literally jumped back and my mouth dropped when I read that. :furious::furious::nomore:
    2004 Jeep liberty w/ stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    paint is completely destroyed on his Brand New 2009 Hemi Orange Pearl Dodge Challenger SRT-8.

Won`t the warranty cover that??

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleWede

Won`t the warranty cover that??

Unfortunately the warranty doesn`t cover spousal stupidity.

Post Thanks / Like
    I started reading this thread at 10 AM this morning, most times I didn"t know whether to laugh or cry but that last one is really sad :bawling:

It was a good time killer while I was giving my Silverado a nice detail , and no I didn`t use any Windex, WD-40 or Pledge

Post Thanks / Like
    My neighbor from Hell uses steel wool on everything and laughs at me when I have a large stack of towels hanging on a rope across the driveway to keep them off the ground. His towels are laying on the driveway with his bags of SW. His two week old Scion Xb is not holding up as well as his black Dodge Crewcab. The gold Scion looks terrible from 50 feet away. I am not getting any closer.

Post Thanks / Like
    This happened this afternoon.

They are doing road construction around my way. So when I got home, I decided to use some of my quicker detailer on it, to remove some dust from driving through the area. My car had just been washed the other day and it was not dirty enough to warrant a full was, just needed some touch up.

SO I get home and grab the bottle and notice the top sprayer is broken off along with the top part of the bottle. One of my many animals (probably the cat) must have knocked it down. There was still a good amount left as it is the big spray bottle. I have some extra clean spray bottle around I use for spraying the cats with water. SO I scrubbed one and dried it to make sure it was clean. I then poured the remaining quick detailer into this spray bottle. I took a sharpie to it and wrote QD on the side so I would remember what it was. Then off I go outside to clean the dust off.

Here is where it gets fun. AS I am cleaning my Element, my neighbors wife sees me and asks what I am doing. I told her what I was doing. She decides to clean her husbands new car, as he is out of town on business and left his car home. She starts spraying his car and wiping it with bath towels. Something seemed wrong with this picture. I noticed a unmarked spray bottle bottle but could not see what it was. After I was done, I went over to see how she was doing. She was done and the car was wrecked.

Come to find the bottle was filled with concrete cleaner. She felt that since her husband uses it to clean th garage floor it would work for the car. She also used industrial strength Goo-Off (not safe for paint) to get anything the cleaner had left behind.

So.... has the husband come back?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by michakaveli
    So.... has the husband come back?

Oh he returned last night. I was out front with my nephews. He pulled up into the driveway and stood there for a good 30 minutes, like he was a stone statue. I decided to go over. He wasn`t super duper mad, but he was upset. He told me it was his own fault for not putting the car cover on it, as his wife knows not to touch the cars if the cover is on them. He said now it gives him a reason to repaint it Sublime, which is the same color of his 1970 Challenger R/T he has in storage. He was upset at what happened, but he understood his wife was just trying to do something nice for him, as she knows how anal he is about keeping their cars clean. SO now he will have a 1970 and 2009 matching chargers.

Post Thanks / Like
    SO now he will have a 1970 and 2009 matching chargers.

Oh really?

That is oool though, I would flip out if I saw a new Challenger in Sublime, or Plum Crazy Purple, my all time favorite Mopar color.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by anarchistchiken
    Oh really?

That is oool though, I would flip out if I saw a new Challenger in Sublime, or Plum Crazy Purple, my all time favorite Mopar color.

His wife drive a Plum Crazy 2006 Charger Daytona edition.

Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread Information