Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BMW335i
    Oh man, that is one CLASSIC pic with the red corvette. Kitchen rag in hand, dirty wal-mart sponge, towels laid out on the ground. :bolt

men who can afford corvettes falling victim to bad washes at the expense of oogling highschool gals.

Post Thanks / Like
    Haha that picture is hilarious! Most of the time at those high school car washes you see crappy cars, but with a Corvette and Lexus there, egad!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow...I guess I really took my dad for granted! Growing up, I always saw him wash/wax his cars the RIGHT way. None of these things would ever even have OCCURRED to me! I always thought the soap brush at the carwash was for tires only...but apparently everyone else knows better than me ;P I would NEVER have put that on my car! I always thought these things were common sense...but maybe I was just lucky enough to have grown up with a dad who set a good example of how to take care of expensive things.

Post Thanks / Like
    while detailing a car today with a friend, the neighbor decides to wash their car (we must of rubbed off on them ) with dishwashing soap, a broom (yes, the kind you use to sweep dirt), and to top it off... drying with a bath towel! :shocked

2006 Accord V6 6spd Coupe Conundrum's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ah, the reasons for keeping a bad weather/winter beater that you dont` really care about. Too bad my Sunfire had to "move on" last fall...lol. Can`t say I ever was put in the situation below however...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueLibby04

That says enough.. well, kinda. Someone is hiding some tic-tacs. :har:

Post Thanks / Like
    Here`s the worst I encountered: My nephew cleaned my uncle`s Lincoln Mark VI`s shiny chrome rocker panels with EASY-OFF OVEN CLEANER! He followed the directions exactly: sprayed on the Easy-Off and left it on for 2 hours, then wiped off. (He would have heated it to 400 degrees if he could.) It looked like oxidized aluminum. I was able to fix it somewhat with multiple polishing, but it never really came back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ram

It was quite entertaining to watch his detail prowess. I actually went over once to explain to him some techniques he could use to improve the process, but he quickly interupted me to demonstrate his new method of "makin` my tires shine like a new penny." He then proceeded to spray the tires with gasoline and set the tires on fire!!!! I was absolutely stunned, but I could only think to ask why didn`t he use kerosene instead. He simply laughed and walked away muttering "... young pukes don`t know nuthin` about nuthin`."

From a few pages back...I almost fell out of my chair laughing at this. WOW. I bet it shined him up too when it singed the hair on his legs!
    2001 Grand Cherokee Limited (Steel Blue): Debadged, 140000 miles and still shining.

2004 Solara SLE V6 (Lunar Mist Metallic): Wife`s car

Post Thanks / Like
    Checked out my kitchen window to watch the elderly lady next door cleaning up a Mustang convertible with Dawn and some Comet.
    Patrick

05 Colorado Z85 CC 4x4

Post Thanks / Like
    Ouch...Comet!

Post Thanks / Like
    Guy At The Coin Op Wash Using Rim Cleaner Gel On His Paint, Then Scrubbing It In With The Provided Brush..lol

Post Thanks / Like
    A guy drove his car in and left it to be detailed. The detailer guy started washing it right away with soap and water, didn`t wet it down at all. I left, wasn`t about to leave my car with them.

Post Thanks / Like
    When we were kids, my parents used to have us wash their new VWs with spic and span. After a couple years of this you could use my Dad`s dark red type 4 as a chalkboard, so of course we did! Sidewalk chalk works great on flat red paint......

Funny part is I still see his old blue 67 beetle around with the primer spots still showing where I scrubbed off the paint. The kid that bought it loves it, but hasn`t had it painted. Still makes me chuckle when I see it crusing. Don`t know what happened to the type 4, but I`ll bet it`s still got my tic tac toe on it!

Post Thanks / Like
    I live in St Louis where we have icy winters. Years ago, the wands at the self service car washes did not have triggers on them. You put the money in and the wash started. I was in line at a wash bay that was covered with ice that forms from the car wash itself. The guy in front of me slipped on the ice while washing his car and lost his grip on the energized wand which proceeded to whip around wildly in the bay, beating up both the car and the customer. It was pretty funny to watch at the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    i would have to say this is my favorite forum

Post Thanks / Like
    My mom, knowing how careful I am with my car, tossed me some retired old bathtowels the other day and said "here, you can dry your car with them".. I was like GEE thanks MOM..

Oh ya, last week while I was in Florida my Grandma used a BROOM to get the love bugs off the bumper of our rental car...(not that I cared, but imagine what she does to her own car)..they seemed so proud too...I just sighed..
    Jonathan

Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread Information