Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    sorry to muck up the original post with this....but i need to clarify my intent re: insane shine...not only does it dress up and shine your tires.... if you have a cd that skips...spray on and wipe off and unless its a deep scratch it wont skip in your cd player anymore...

and the reason i used it on my car...i live in washington where it rains a lot and i just finished my first paint job oct.30th, right when it started raining...theres been very few days since then that it hasnt rained so i havent gotten the chance to get meticulous with the polishing. i didnt want to drive my car as is (partly polished) on a nice sunny day and i didnt have the whole day to polish it so i pulled out the meguiars and it went from "nice wheels" to "nice car" I just cant drive a dirty dull car and thought i`d tell ya all if yer ever in a bind, and your car is black (havent tried it on any other colors) its great for a quick fix...i also wanted to see if anyone would contribute a horror story about using tire products on their paint cuz im sure theres products out there that arent going to give you the same result. its no substitute for a perfect polish by any means..(especially since it washes off) .but if youre like me and want whatever youre driving to look its best...its a quick fix...i have 2 different pearls in my paint and i think thats what it has the biggest effect on...it really brings out the pearl!!!!

oh and im waiting for sonus SFX pad kit anyways...once i get it...i`ll make room in my carport and i`ll polish it come rain or shine...which leads me to a question.....has anyone used these pads with 3m microfinishing glaze...meguiars gold class and#23 i think.....or zymol...do they recommend polishes on the cd u get with kit? anyone know?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dumbblonde
    sorry to muck up the original post with this....but i need to clarify my intent re: insane shine...not only does it dress up and shine your tires.... if you have a cd that skips...spray on and wipe off and unless its a deep scratch it wont skip in your cd player anymore...

and the reason i used it on my car...i live in washington where it rains a lot and i just finished my first paint job oct.30th, right when it started raining...theres been very few days since then that it hasnt rained so i havent gotten the chance to get meticulous with the polishing. i didnt want to drive my car as is (partly polished) on a nice sunny day and i didnt have the whole day to polish it so i pulled out the meguiars and it went from "nice wheels" to "nice car" I just cant drive a dirty dull car and thought i`d tell ya all if yer ever in a bind, and your car is black (havent tried it on any other colors) its great for a quick fix...i also wanted to see if anyone would contribute a horror story about using tire products on their paint cuz im sure theres products out there that arent going to give you the same result. its no substitute for a perfect polish by any means..(especially since it washes off) .but if youre like me and want whatever youre driving to look its best...its a quick fix...i have 2 different pearls in my paint and i think thats what it has the biggest effect on...it really brings out the pearl!!!!

oh and im waiting for sonus SFX pad kit anyways...once i get it...i`ll make room in my carport and i`ll polish it come rain or shine...which leads me to a question.....has anyone used these pads with 3m microfinishing glaze...meguiars gold class and#23 i think.....or zymol...do they recommend polishes on the cd u get with kit? anyone know?

Don`t mean to be offensive or anything, but do you realize who you are talking to? I am sure most people would laugh if they saw anyone doing up their black paint with tire dressing. There are far better products that are actually made for your car`s paint. And I have seen crappy tire dressings stain paint before(the cheap ones, ie. Meguiars Insane Shine), so maybe you will reconsider using them on your cars paint after you hear this?

Post Thanks / Like
    DB, it sounds like you were able to pull off some admirable results with your novice attempt at paint, we`d love to see some pics.

As for the hassle you`re getting about using tire shine on the paint, lets just say the general attitude here is there are plenty of products made for that purpose that are likely to do the job better. I`ve heard of people using WD-40 on their paint to make it shine too, but that doesn`t mean it`s a great idea. Saying use tire dressing on paint around here is a bit like walking into a fancy French resturant and asking for ketchup...however good the results are, you`re not likely to get a warm reception. Frankly, an awful lot of the people here aren`t even excited about Meguiars, although they do make some fine products. There`s just a boatload of excellent "boutique" products

You really ought to try some of the dedicated glazes on the market. They`re generally meant to be used before wax and some of them do fine at filling scratches. The ideal here is to polish out the scratches rather than fill them with something temporary, but in real like scratches and swirls are fairly inevitable for daily drivers.

Post Thanks / Like
    How about we get this thread back on track?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigpoppa3346
    How about we get this thread back on track?

Yea, really.. There needs to be a rant thread in the Hot tube.

Ive used Megs ASD in the fender wells where my tires rub while offroad. They rub the insides of the fenders when fully flexed. They are painted and it seems to hide them purty good.

I also use it on the bottom of the front bumper which IS painted. Those scratches are from approaching hills or rocks and scraping the bottom of the bumper. The scratches are to deep for scratch-x so I just want to hide them. They come back when it rains.

Funny that I try to detail my jeep but I also take the thing offroad. I dont go to often though. Maybe 4-5times per year. :woot:

Post Thanks / Like
    first...lets see a picture of the tire shined newly painted car db.

second...

my old neighbor was a gal with a PHD in neurological science with level 10 OCD and zero common sense. Every time she would see me wash my truck, she would imediately decide to wash her small toyota car. she would get out a bucket, pep boys wash mit, and some blue car wash soap. she would first dunk the mit in the bucket and then pour soap on the mit and then scrub the car. she would go round and round the car dunking the dirty mit in the bucket and pouring more soap on the mit. tires, rims, paint, scrub scrub scrub....I would leave my house and come back hours later and she would still be scrubbing....and the hose was on for hours. then she would hose it off and dry for another hour. she would do the outside glass but not the inside so it never looked clean. her paint was so dry you could rub your finger on it and white haze would transfer to your finger. PHD...ha!!!!
    I have been to a car wash before.......once!

Post Thanks / Like
    QUICK FIX QUICK FIX QUICK FIX QUICK FIX QUICK FIX QUICK FIX QUICK FIX QUICK

.................................................. .................................................. .........................

ya...i`ve got 3M`s compound...polish...glaze...i got meguiars NXT...gold class...swirl remover...spray detailer...quik somethin...clay bar...zymol...Nushine...some teflon crap...black magik...im a small town girl so i dont have much to work with obviously...

.................................................. .................................................. ........................

WAITING FOR SONUS PADS WAITING FOR SONUS PADS WAITING FOR SONUS PADS

.................................................. .................................................. .........................

and i`d love to show ya some pics...but unfortunately that post hasnt been answered so im still in the dark...although i didnt take any with the insane shine on it but i will if youd like...

I POLISH TOO I POLISH TOO I POLISH TOO I POLISH TOO I POLISH TOO I POLISH TOO

.................................................. .................................................. ..........................

this should get a chuckle tho...i took the broom to my windshield to sweep the snow off and get it out from under wipers...my son decided to help me the next day by sweeping the whole car i`ll show ya what it does for scratches instantly, but temporarily

.................................................. .................................................. ..........................

I SAND N PAINT TOO I SAND N PAINT TOO I SAND N PAINT TOO I SAND N PAINT TOO

.................................................. .................................................. ...........................

.................................................. .................................................. ..................

DO PEOPLE PICK ONE SENTENCE PER PARAGRAPH TO READ AND GO OFF ABOUT?

.................................................. .................................................. ...................

---IS THIS HELPING? IS THIS HELPING? IS THIS HELPING? IS THIS HELPING?---

I keep trying to find where i said, "DROP THE POLISHER & PICK UP THE TIRE CARE"

oh wait...thats right!!!! i didnt!!!!45

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow. that`s all I have to say.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good grief! If that wasn`t the biggest overreaction I`ve ever seen! Sounds like somebody is desperate to prove themselves. Why are you surprised that people didn`t take you seriously when you`re telling us about using tire dressing on your paint in a "Car Washing Horror Story" thread?!

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice story. Definitely worthy for addition to this thread.:xyxthumbs

I was not that skeptical about your tire shine on paint story, because I know of the WD-40 on paint one. It spruces up even faded dull paint to look like new for a short while. It`s one of the favorite tricks of dodgy used car salesmen.

Post Thanks / Like
    They just dripped wheel acid or something all over my friends hood, on his Syclone...low production/rare truck...it ate the paint a little and stained it like greyish. Went back to the lady and she said she didn`t do it, now they`re offering to buff the car for free but we won`t let them touch it...she says its an old truck and needs a decent paint job anyway..

Post Thanks / Like

That says enough.. well, kinda. Someone is hiding some tic-tacs. :har:

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the drying towels laid out on the ground in the background

Post Thanks / Like
    damn... i feel sorry for the poor corvette and lexus...

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh man, that is one CLASSIC pic with the red corvette. Kitchen rag in hand, dirty wal-mart sponge, towels laid out on the ground. :bolt

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread Information