Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been caught, but truth be told it`s not store bought mayo, it has to be homemade with osterich eggs. not chicken eggs as they are to acidic. you need a more neutral egg, goose or osterich.

that is the key.
    my trailer part 1

my trailer part 2

3 Layers Of GlossAuto Detail

~Aaron

Post Thanks / Like
    True story. Well looks the MM is actually Mayo Mix!!! Damn osterich eggs!!! I guess mayo is really popular.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just saw my neighbor`s daughter out washing the car. Large blue jug of Purex liquid laundry detergent by the wash bucket :shocked . I offered some car wash for FREE so she wouldn`t have to use it. She says "no thanks, I`m almost done"

Post Thanks / Like
    ^ Some people shouldn`t be allowed to walk on this earth.

Post Thanks / Like
    So I back my car out of my garage one day so I can wash it when I get back home from picking up my mom.

When I come back home there is a group of 5 little kids washing my car ages 5-10 :shocked. My sister had paid the little buggers to wash her car and they washed my car by mistake. They had already finished washing and where going over it with an old bath towel to dry it off.

So im already pretty mad at this point but there wasnt anything I could do about it because they where already done.

So I start looking around to see what type of soap they used and all I could find was a bottle of 409 Kitchen and Bath Cleaner and some tire shine :grrr . Needless to saymy car was still dirty because the could reach the roof and now I need to wax it again :bawling: :waxing:

Post Thanks / Like
    Holy crap Stage 5...I almost peed myself
    Phoenix & Scottsdale Detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you all are being way too hard on the Pledge users. It really works well. Seriously.

Years ago my brother-in-law used to use it on his car. It always came out fantastic.

I guess I should also explain that his car had a worn finish and he couldn`t afford to get it painted. So he painted it himself with interior latex paint. Using a roller. :2thumbs:

It was the most uniquely textured car in town. I wish I had pictures.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by langod
    I think you all are being way too hard on the Pledge users. It really works well. Seriously.

Years ago my brother-in-law used to use it on his car. It always came out fantastic.

I guess I should also explain that his car had a worn finish and he couldn`t afford to get it painted. So he painted it himself with interior latex paint. Using a roller. :2thumbs:

that had to have been the perfect combinations of smileys and words i have seen so far. that was halarious!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by langod

Oh...my...
    "I can`t believe that we would lie in our graves wondering if we had spent our living days well." - Dave Matthews

Post Thanks / Like
    Who doesn`t use a roller to paint cars now a days...

BTW

I saw a 944 at maaco today getting a wash with I think a broom.

Solid.
    Phoenix & Scottsdale Detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    drove by a charity car wash the other day, and there was a long line of bath towels hanging from the fence :soscared:

Post Thanks / Like
    Years ago, my friend and I were waxing our cars on a hot summer day...

(Wait, that`s not the horror story part -- we were just teenagers and didn`t know any better.)

Well, anyway, we finish up and go inside for a well deserved beer. We came out an hour or so later to find that my little brother, who had been in the swimming pool, had left his damp towel on the hood of my buddy`s car. There was a huge discolored spot where the sun had baked the towel! It was UGLY!

My friend chased my brother about half a mile down the street, screaming obscenities at the top of his lungs. I never knew my brother could run so fast.....

Post Thanks / Like
    The worst thing I have every seen was something my dumb a$$ did. When I was young and dumb I bought a truck from a lot and they gave me a free car wash at the local $2 slap your car wash. When I came out the other end I was one sideview mirror short and had a huge scratch down my fender.

----

Another story. I detailed a black 2002 Civic for an import show, which took first in class!, and about a week or two later my friend and myself where going to the weekly car meet so I was on my way over to meet him at his house. I pull up to see him washing his car, the same car I just detailed for the show, with some dirty rag he got from his laundry room floor. And between washing and hosing off the rag laid on his driveway!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well back in 02, I really didnt know what I was doing. I used to use a wet paper towel ang a bath towel to QD my car. Looked fine in the shade though. :doh

Post Thanks / Like
    New horror story from my end...

My brother comes home for the weekend, used to be into cars, isn`t anymore. And is a complete idiot when it comes to cleaning it. So I`m at work, I told him to wait for me to get home before he went digging through my stuff and ruining it. He didn`t. I come home, asked him what he used to wash the car with, he said "That wash stuff, there wasn`t much left" I go "Show me what you`re talking about" he goes "This stuff" He points to my now empty bottle of Sonus Der Wunder Washe that I keep in the garage for soaking my PC pads in after use. I go "Are you serious? THIS IS F--KING LAUNDRY DETERGENT YOU IDIOT! AND IT`S NOT F--KING CHEAP!" he goes "Well is says Wash Shampoo" I go "IT SAYS MICROFIBER WASH SHAMPOO *******! IS YOUR CAR MADE OF MICROFIBER?!?!?!?!" By now I`m livid, as now I have no more of my pad cleaning detergent left, then I notice I pile of dirty towels, including a really nice bright yellow towel I have that`s now caked in black f--king grime. He goes "I used that on my wheel wells, it`s a towel" I go "so you decided to use my GOOD F--KING TOWELS ON YOUR F--KING WHEEL WELL?!?!?!?!?!?!?!" Now I`m getting so mad I`m ready to knock him out, he goes "I also clay barred it" I go, and what did you use as a lube? He goes "That Eagle One crap" and points to a bottle of Eagle 1 20/20 Glass Cleaner that I haven`t used in 4 years because I hate it. He goes "I rinsed it out and filled it with water" I go "You didn`t use 1 of my 20 bottles of quick detailer??!?!! I told him to get the F out of my garage and give me time to salvage what was left of my cleaning products.

Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread Information