Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    The following story is not for the weak of heart or avid car lovers.

My ex-girlfriend lisa decided to clean her "just acquired from grandma" 2000 pearl blue toyota camry. She washed the car using ordinary paper wipes and GLASS CLEANER with amonia!. No water, no soap, nothing else!. Needless to say as soon as her little brother called me i rushed over to her house and had

to rinse it, buy new supplies (i will be damned if her ammonia tainted car will get cooties on mine) wash it and wax it. The whole process took me about 3 1/2 hours to fix. I dont talk to her anymore..but I wonder her washes her car?, i miss her car..not her...hahahaha :woot:

and yes she is blonde
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Saw a brand new M5 driving in to the swirl o matic today:shocked :angry

Post Thanks / Like
    Saw THREE 997`s (one was black too) at the swirl-o-matic today, the owners were washing them with the brush and drying with PAPER TOWELS....:angry. I would have offered them cards, but all three had Georgia plates (damn tourists). In retrospect, I regret not doing so, as I could have always used to line up a few details along the ride to and from college . Oh yeah, and I know a guy who takes his Ferrari to the "other detailer" in town. He might have 20 years of experience, or whatever, but I`m better .

P.S. Murderousmind, you are definetly a much better tempered guy then me. My ex gets zero free work, and if her car needed detailing, she`d pay double for it .
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Post Thanks / Like
    I was detailing my car last friday and got hungry so I wen`t to the shopping mall next to where I live. I parked my car in the underground parking lot and passed next to a Toyota Avalon that was being washed by the wash while you shop guys and to my own disbelief he was doing it with his bare hands :shocked , no sponge or washing liquid just his hand and water. I couldn`t help but laugh a little as I walked next to their stand where it said Hand wash $15 , I never tought they literally meant a hand wash. As I left the mall I watched that same guy dry the Avalon with a dirty towel as cars passed right next to him spraying dirty water from the ground all over the car and he just continued drying it.

At the end of the day I felt a lot better about making the effort of washing my car myself and not letting someone else do it:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I guess you can say everyone got what they truly paid for.
    Still chasing after that bling like shine!

04 Solara Lunar Mist

Post Thanks / Like
    My mother-in-law decided to give me a nice surprise early this morning with a `car-wash` by spraying down my new, swirl-free M35 Sport and then wiping it dry with a few of her old rags she keeps to wash her own car. No soap, no wash mitt...just spray it down and then wipe it dry with very dirty towels.

I was so upset at her but couldn`t say anything because she`s the sweetest thing on the face of this planet and often treats me better than her own son. My wife (God bless her heart) wanted to yell at her, but I had to stop her. Her Mom would have been heartbroken.

Post Thanks / Like
    I gotta get a camera phone to post the crazy stuff I see at the local swirl center.

Yesterday I watched a guy spray Armor All wheel cleaner on his steaming hot wheels and then proceed to wipe off with paper towels, no rinse. Thats a might strong cleaner for those who havent tried it. This was being done at the vacum area. When I say his wheels were hot I mean hot, the smell of the acid on the wheels is what made me look. And to think I sweat it if my wheels get AZ when the outside temps ae hot never mind the wheel temp

Post Thanks / Like
    My soon- to- be father- in- law is a good guy , but not too savvy.

He`s the type that never wants to let on that someone --- especially someone younger than him --- might know better than him about ANYTHING.

So after I invited him to the house one weekend with the promise of a barbecue and a detail for his SUV , I was less than surprised when he showed up with the vehicle in a general state of cleanliness...damned if I was gonna get the upper hand on HIM.

Upon asking him the obligatory , "So , you washed your car , huh"? , he proceeds to tell me how he cleverly just wiped it down with commercial strength APC (for hotel use , by the way) and a terry cloth towel.

Not wanting to show him up and start an argument by telling him that he probably just stripped any vestiges of wax that MIGHT have been on the car AND scratched the S**T out of his finish , I humored him and told him how good it looked.

I then sat back and watched as he commandeered the grill and burned the food while rain fell flat and cloudy on his paint finish.

......just eat it and smile.

Don't forget the pedals!
    Post Thanks / Like
    There was a 11 year old girl down my street washing her mom`s liberty. You could tell she wanted to help and was ready all in her bathing suit and she rinsed the car by repeatedly "slapping" the water nozzle (not literally, but the water flow was "slapped" on to the vehicle), then used a good `ole kitchen sponge and God knows what kind of soap/shampoo in circular motions on the hood.

And then I saw a Cayenne going through the swirley a couple of days ago. Sheesh.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Intermezzo

My mother-in-law decided to give me a nice surprise early this morning with a `car-wash` by spraying down my new, swirl-free M35 Sport and then wiping it dry with a few of her old rags she keeps to wash her own car. No soap, no wash mitt...just spray it down and then wipe it dry with very dirty towels.

I was so upset at her but couldn`t say anything because she`s the sweetest thing on the face of this planet and often treats me better than her own son. My wife (God bless her heart) wanted to yell at her, but I had to stop her. Her Mom would have been heartbroken.

These are the hardest ones to swallow.... How do you tell them? How do you refuse their good intentions? Well, at least she gave you an excuse to work on the paint.

Post Thanks / Like
    every Christmas I get one of those Armor All gift sets from someone, just smile and say wow just what I needed. Luckily everyone knows not to touch my car , I dont know how I would have reacted to that.....

I was parked next to my girls mom a few days ago, kind of close because she never goes out anyway. I told her if she needed to get out just let me know and I would move, she takes a look and says I can make it I dont need you to move. I repeated loudly just say the word and I will move, nah she says I can make it.

I quickly parked around the corner, lesson learned

Post Thanks / Like
    Brand new Mustang, end of winter, and it was an unusually warm day all the snow was gone and I wanted to make sure the under body was spotless and I had to make sure I got rid of all the remaining winter grime off that I couldn`t get to under the car. I went to a local auto car wash that our family has gone to for years. Got home and I was drying the hood scoop area off that those morons did a terrible job of. Then I saw it. Scratch marks, everywhere. Literally everywhere. There was no way I could have seen them at the car wash. I started to inspect the rest of the car and then my horror was realized, one of the kids had used a dirty chamois cloth to dry it off. There was scratch marks on the windshield, the paint/clearcoat, my mirrors, etc. I could not believe it. Never going to an auto wash where there is a human element again. Terrible.
    2003 Mustang

Post Thanks / Like
    neighbor was cleaning her windows of her buick on dubzzzzzz and spinnahz. after she was done with the windows, she proceeded to wipe some of her cars paint with the windex applied towel. i didnt say anything cause shes an owner that doesnt know how to maintain a vehicle properly. it was a scraper anyways.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had pulled up to check my tire pressure at a gas station with brushless chemical cleaning car wash..... to my HORRAH! in front of me is a guy on a cell phone shanking a bottle of Nu Finish as he is walking toward to paper towel dispenser by the gas tank island.....I watched in total shock as he proceeded to pour the Nu Finish on the paper towel and began wiping on the rather wet car which obviously just went through the wash. I froze witht he air nozzel in my had as if I had turned to stone. The HORRAH! was built into my face as I had trouble moving at all. I wanted to stop him , I wanted to yell out STOP! PLEASE STOP! OH The HORRAH! but i was jhust frozen as if I had turned my head to look back on the burning of Sodom and Gamorah!........ He finished the "once over" applying more swirls than a can of monkeys could ever do and got in his car and drove away.....Needless to say the whole experience cost me $.50 as the time ran out of the air nozzel as I began to feel the blood move back into my arms and legs after I witnessed this catastrophie.

I hope never to see something of this nature again.

Just recounting the saga has given me "wax-on/wax-off trama!" Call the medvac unit!
    crobarcars@yahoo.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I must admit to being a moron a while back with a couple of my cars...

One, not such a big deal. I kept it clean, but it was a base model Tercel. I once washed it by squirting dish soap all over it and going over it with a sponge mop while it was raining. I also hadn`t realized that using a pure polyester rag would leave swirls. Doh.

Also used a kitchen sponge scrubby side on a windshield to try and clean off the hard stuff... Needless to say it left fine scratches

I routinely watch a couple of my neighbors in horror as they use large car wash brushes on poles to wash their cars, thinking that they`re taking good care of them...

One neighbor who bought a nice dark green Jag from Enterprise had me clean it up a couple of summers back when I was a strictly clay + Zaino user... You know how well Enterprise takes care of their cars... It cleaned up very nicely and stayed that way (Z5 did fill up a lot of the lighter swirls) until they took it to the dealer a week or two ago to have it buffed up. Hologram city. If they weren`t moving on Monday, I`d bug them to let me polish it up properly...

I`ve learned a lot in the last five years and have adopted a much more stringent Autopian way, to the point that I`m comfortable charging regularly for my services.

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread Information