Thread: Cant touch it.

Post Thanks / Like
    When I bought my 4Runner last year I worked the hell outta the paint, like 12 hours. The previous owner wasn`t too meticulous. I removed a lot of problems in the paint with the use of DACP and yellow to white pads. One thing I was hung up on was the latitudinal marring that runs just above the cladding on the doors. I have repeatetly tried taking pictures of this but cannot get one that represents my issue. The marring is borderline scratches, you cannot feel them with your fingernail but run your finger across them and you notice the difference when the surface is polish-free. You can only see them up close.

Soooo.. . . what the. While using the DACP/Yellow I was having to change out pads after say 4 panels. I am worried that if I dig too deep on these doors that I will dig too deep. Should I seek out something with some filling capabilities beyond DACP? I was under the impression that DACP was pretty suficient in that department. TIA my peeps.

-Stu.
    -Andrew.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have a picture?

You may need something more aggressive than DACP or it could be the problem is too deep to completely remove.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry that took a while with my photo resizing skills

Click here to see it in the Gallery That should work.

The box shows the scratches pretty well. They definitly dont look like that at even five feet away at high noon. Nevertheless. . .

You may need something more aggressive than DACP or it could be the problem is too deep to completely remove.

What am I looking at if that is the case? Should I not be too concerned with the removal I spoke of last post? Thanks for your quick reply Scottwax.

-Stu.

**edit: I should mention that this is after DACP-#9 (Wht pad)- #81 (Wht pad)- Collinite.
    -Andrew.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm looks like someone took one of those green kitchen scrubbing pad to it to me. I bet 1Z Ultra Polish would take care of it. But maybe not if DACP didn`t :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by pssstue

Sorry that took a while with my photo resizing skills

Click here to see it in the Gallery That should work.

The box shows the scratches pretty well. They definitly dont look like that at even five feet away at high noon. Nevertheless. . .

What am I looking at if that is the case? Should I not be too concerned with the removal I spoke of last post? Thanks for your quick reply Scottwax.

-Stu.

**edit: I should mention that this is after DACP-#9 (Wht pad)- #81 (Wht pad)- Collinite.

You could try the DACP with a more aggressive pad from LC or Meguiars.

The next step up the ladder from DACP is #84 Compound Power Cleaner. You`ve got to use a cutting or polishing pad with this stuff. PM me if you`re interested in it and I`ll send you a sample.

If your truck was on my driveway I`d bust out the rotary and a foam cutting pad and either DACP or 1Z green can and try that. You`ll need some heat to help remove that kind of marring.
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Mantic6t9

Hmmm looks like someone took one of those green kitchen scrubbing pad to it to me.
    Thats the impression I get. Like the abrasive side of the dish sponges but not as bad as a scouring pad.

Originally posted by bretfraz You could try the DACP with a more aggressive pad from LC or Meguiars.

The next step up the ladder from DACP is #84 Compound Power Cleaner. You`ve got to use a cutting or polishing pad with this stuff. PM me if you`re interested in it and I`ll send you a sample.

If your truck was on my driveway I`d bust out the rotary and a foam cutting pad and either DACP or 1Z green can and try that. You`ll need some heat to help remove that kind of marring.
    What pad would be recommended for use with the DACP after the Yellow (570VC)? Do I go to a wool bonnet on the grey finishing pad? I am not too familiar with the Meg`s pads. I think you are probably correct about the need for some heat to be worked into the surface; to (in laymans terms) break down the walls of the scratches, correct? Maybe someone can reassure me that I will not go through the paint.

I am going to PM you as I would like to try the #84/Yellow in a spot. I really appreciate the favor. When working the area do I want to apply and work out the product in the same manner as DACP? . . . 3-5 pounds of pressure on 5 the letting up as I work into 6 and no lubrication?

Thanks for the help doodz.

-Stu.
    -Andrew.

Thread Information