Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry if this is redundant, but I have done a search for two bucket and two bucket method and haven`t been able to quite figure out what it is and the benefits of it.

From what I have read it appears you have a wash bucket and a rinse bucket. My conclusion from this is that you put your wash mitt in the rinse bucket before putting back in the wash bucket. Is this correct? What purpose does this serve? Is this necessary if I am not using the QEW?

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote: Two bucket method. What is it?

~One mans opinion / observation~

Q: From what I have read it appears you have a wash bucket and a rinse bucket. My conclusion from this is that you put your wash mitt in the rinse bucket before putting back in the wash bucket. Is this correct?

A: Yes. One is for wash solution the other for rinsing the mitt to ensure that any abrasive dirt particles are not put into the wash solution.

Q: Is this necessary if I am not using the QEW?

A: In view of the answer given above, yes.

~Hope this helps~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/

justadumbarchitect * so i question everything*
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by brannong

Sorry if this is redundant, but I have done a search for two bucket and two bucket method and haven`t been able to quite figure out what it is and the benefits of it.

From what I have read it appears you have a wash bucket and a rinse bucket. My conclusion from this is that you put your wash mitt in the rinse bucket before putting back in the wash bucket. Is this correct? What purpose does this serve? Is this necessary if I am not using the QEW?

You are right about the two buckets. It is necessary if you are really trying to prevent swirls or scrathes from the washing process. It is pretty easy and one of the cheapest suggestions on autopia.

Post Thanks / Like
    To clarify a bit more, because it`s not explicitly mentioned a whole lot, rinse out and fluff up your mitt in the rinse bucket, and then squeeze it a bit before going back to the wash bucket. That way you don`t transfer any dirty water over as well.

By the time you`re done, the rinse bucket should be brimming and filthy, and the wash bucket should be nearly empty but clean.

Thread Information