Post Thanks / Like
    My neighbor decided to paint his house on an extremely windy day and thus got white paint all over my Black Mustang convertible. It`s also on my white Navigator but not as noticeable. My main problem is what to do about the convertible top on the Mustang. What`s the best way to remove the overspray without damaging the top. It`s brand new and it`s the factory canvas material. Anybody know any high quality detail shops that give the personal touch in the Portland, Oregon area?:angry

Post Thanks / Like
    I would ask a lawyer.

Post Thanks / Like
    dood sue the pants off that guy! thats freggin paint on your two cars...sue him sue him to HELL

Obsessive Compulsive Detailer Jngrbrdman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is the kind of thing you should really discuss with your neighbor. You have some damage and it may be something his homeowners insurance might cover. If so then they are going to want you to get estimates and all that fun stuff. You definitely have a lawsuit if he doesn`t want to work this out with you. You want to put a rush on it though. Time is of the essence when dealing with this. You don`t want them claiming that the damage happened somewhere else or something.

People throw the `sue` word around too causually these days. You really don`t have anything to sue over other than damages. Before you can sue him you have to try working it out. If he refuses to work with you on this then you can sue him for the damage. That`s about it though. You aren`t going to get a zillion dollars out of a lawsuit. The only thing you can sue for in this case is going to be for the acutal damages to your property. Unless you get cancer in the next couple years and you can blame it on the overspray or something.
    ~ ~ www.OCDetails.com ~ ~
    Faster isn`t better. BETTER is better no matter how long it takes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jngrbrdman

That is the kind of thing you should really discuss with your neighbor. You have some damage and it may be something his homeowners insurance might cover. If so then they are going to want you to get estimates and all that fun stuff. You definitely have a lawsuit if he doesn`t want to work this out with you. You want to put a rush on it though. Time is of the essence when dealing with this. You don`t want them claiming that the damage happened somewhere else or something.

People throw the `sue` word around too causually these days. You really don`t have anything to sue over other than damages. Before you can sue him you have to try working it out. If he refuses to work with you on this then you can sue him for the damage. That`s about it though. You aren`t going to get a zillion dollars out of a lawsuit. The only thing you can sue for in this case is going to be for the acutal damages to your property. Unless you get cancer in the next couple years and you can blame it on the overspray or something.

Thanks for the response. Just to clarify things, my neighbor has been very apologetic over the situation and has assured me that he will take care of it. I want to react to this swiftly so that no misunderstanding occurs during the communication. I trust him, but once he hears the cost, I don`t want any reservations on his part. I have gotten one preliminary estimate of approximately $350.00 per car. Does this sound about right? He talked of using an alkaline cleaner on the convertible top and then washing it off quickly and then applying a dressing. Is this a normal procedure to remove overspray on convertibles(I believe it`s a vinyl top). I`m going to check with my upholstery man to make sure of the material. Thanks for any help.

Here`s a picture of my cars last summer after some weekend detailing:

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/...99pa180027.jpg

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/...99p8230005.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 94BlkStang

Thanks for the response. Just to clarify things, my neighbor has been very apologetic over the situation and has assured me that he will take care of it. I want to react to this swiftly so that no misunderstanding occurs during the communication. I trust him, but once he hears the cost, I don`t want any reservations on his part. I have gotten one preliminary estimate of approximately $350.00 per car. Does this sound about right? He talked of using an alkaline cleaner on the convertible top and then washing it off quickly and then applying a dressing. Is this a normal procedure to remove overspray on convertibles(I believe it`s a vinyl top). I`m going to check with my upholstery man to make sure of the material. Thanks for any help.

Here`s a picture of my cars last summer after some weekend detailing:

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/...99pa180027.jpg

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/...99p8230005.jpg

Thats good to hear

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 94BlkStang

I have gotten one preliminary estimate of approximately $350.00 per car. Does this sound about right?

The price really should not matter too much to you, since you really should not be paying for the damage. If I were you I would be more concerned about the quality of the work and the reputation of whoever you choose to do the work.

Just my thoughts...

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by mirrorfinishman

The price really should not matter too much to you, since you really should not be paying for the damage. If I were you I would be more concerned about the quality of the work and the reputation of whoever you choose to do the work.

Just my thoughts...

I totally agree, and as we all know price doesn`t guarantee quality either. I already informed my neighbor that the detail will be done by someone of my choosing. He mentioned he would also like to get a couple estimates, but I told him it won`t matter what prices he gets, it will be whoever I choose.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Postwood

I would ask a lawyer.
    :p
    Black Mustang GT

Post Thanks / Like
    Man that really sucks, i`m sorry to hear it. Good luck with the repair, i hope you and your neighbor stay friends through all this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Man what kind of idiot paints on a really windy day. If i detail my car on a windy day, even if it`s only mild, i don`t paint my car`s wheel arches with the RD Black, i use tyre rejuvinator instead as if i got RD on the paint or wheels, it would be a nightmare to remove. Wait for a fine windless day and do it then.

Sad to hear about that. I`d hate to be in that situation. Hope you get it sorted out quick.
    Car care/detailing sadly isn`t high on the agenda for 98% of australians.

Thread Information