Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve searched this site pertaining to this subject and do have a better understanding but I don`t want to screw up so I`ll ask. I have the PC 7424 and with it got the following pads...

orange, white, gray & the standard white pad. I just need to know if I should order more pads to tackle the job that I want. I`m planning on using 1Z first to take care of the scratches followed by AIO, then NXT then PS. Someone suggested that if 1Z doesn`t work to try a harsher pad? Can someone shed some light PLEASE? It`s starting to get warm here and there are some car shows coming up and I want to be prepared. Thanks guys.

Post Thanks / Like
    all you need is three pads cutting, polishing, finishing. if you need more pads then purchase more. i think by the colors youre using the CMA pads. but the orange pad should cut pretty good with the 1z

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 6`][`9

all you need is three pads cutting, polishing, finishing. if you need more pads then purchase more. i think by the colors youre using the CMA pads. but the orange pad should cut pretty good with the 1z

Thanks. I got the Autopia PC Ultimate Polisher Kit.

So I can use the orange for the 1Z, white for AIO then gray for NXT then I guess just apply PS by hand? I hope this works.

Post Thanks / Like
    yup good luck be sure to post pics when youre done

Post Thanks / Like
    BlueDragonZ- I do tend to "accumulate" stuff, but *I* would have a bunch of different/extra pads on hand. You don`t want to be in the middle of the job and find yourself in trouble...like, what if a pad somehow self-destructs or something like that...It does happen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 6`][`9

yup good luck be sure to post pics when youre done

I will, definately and thank you.

That`s probably a good idea Accumulator, I`ll order another set of these pads. Is CMA the most resonable place to get pads.

Post Thanks / Like
    Why don`t you try a auto paint store in your town. Most of them carry Meguiar`s products. I purchased the red cutting pad of Meguiar`s and it does a fine job with DACP.
    Ron Bowen-always trying to learn and improve my skills of the trade, 2003 Chevy Tahoe, Charcoal Metallic

Click here to visit my gallery

Post Thanks / Like
    Which 1Z polish will you be using and how bad are the defects you are trying to remove? Will largely define which pad to use.

As for number of pads, I`d recommend at least having 2 of the polishing and cutting as they can get gummed up easilly.

Michael

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m using the 1Z Paint Polish trying to remove MINOR scratches & swirls.

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/1z-930306.html

My Z is less than a year old but it does have these minor defects than I want to get rid off.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used a orange pad with 1zpp and took care of all MINOR paint defects you are looking to cure. I have a BLACK 2001 Frontier and the paint was in ok condition before i polised it. It now looks awesome. I will attach some pics later if your interested.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good choice on the 1Z Paint Polish. I really like this polish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by teamvegas

I used a orange pad with 1zpp and took care of all MINOR paint defects you are looking to cure. I have a BLACK 2001 Frontier and the paint was in ok condition before i polised it. It now looks awesome. I will attach some pics later if your interested.

Yeah, I would love to see pictures if you have them.

This was actually the first product that I purchased from Autopia when I first found this site last summer. I do like the results that I`ve gotten with just the hand application.

Thread Information