Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Just abit curious with you guys, how many dings you have on your car body? If none, please share us some precious tips on "How to avoid dings?".

Post Thanks / Like
    I have 0 dings thanks to PDR The car has had 5 dings and all were successfully taken out. This is with me parking way out in the boonies wherever I park. People just still seem to find you no matter what you do.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with rjstaaf.....I park waaaaay out at work (and we have an enormous parking lot) and even at the store. What`s funny about work is that everyone that is really particular about their car parks way out as well, though we always leave 4 or 5 spaces between us. And yes, there`s nothing better than PDR for the average door ding!

Supernintendo Chalmers
    Post Thanks / Like
    One on each door and one at the base of the C pillar on the driver`s side. It is sad that we know things like this without having to go look at the car.

rjstaaf: Is PDR per ding, per size, per car? More specifically, is it the kind of thing you can do annually as maintenance or would it not be cost effective to do so? The Jeep is driven on perfect days and garaged, but the 88 Accord is the beater vehicle with the Q-Tip sized dings.
    Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have 0 dings! I`m actually surprised I don`t have any yet! I`ve had it for 5 months now and park in a crowded college parking lot. I do watch where I park when I`m not at school though. Oftentimes, it means parking all the way at the end of the parking lot and walking or next to "islands".

The other cars in the house however, ugh. Let`s not go there...

Supernintendo Chalmers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Someone is not afraid of the powers of the jinx:

Originally posted by tkr128

I have 0 dings! I`m actually surprised I don`t have any yet! I`ve had it for 5 months now and park in a crowded college parking lot. I do watch where I park when I`m not at school though. Oftentimes, it means parking all the way at the end of the parking lot and walking or next to "islands".

The other cars in the house however, ugh. Let`s not go there...
    Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by zey

If none, please share us some precious tips on "How to avoid dings?".

there was a very lengthy thread on this a couple of months ago with some excellent suggestions from people...don`t know if I can find it.

Score: 2 cars are dent free (probably `cause they spend too much time in the garage) and the other two are quite miserable regardless of how or where they are parked.
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like
    Dings? As in door dings from other cars? 0. I don`t get dings because I don`t ever park where someone could give me a ding, or if they COULD give me a ding I park so far away that nobody WOULD give me a ding. You just have to be dilligent.

Unfortunately I have a massive horrible, primer revealing scratch from some garbage in the road I hit (thanks to whoever left it there) and my back bumper needs to be replaced and painted due to...well that story is too embarassing, so let`s jsut leave it at that. There`s also a small dimple in my front fender that I am hopefully going to ahve pulled when I get the bumper and scratch done this spring.

F`ing body shop man...it never ends.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by thinksnow

rjstaaf: Is PDR per ding, per size, per car? More specifically, is it the kind of thing you can do annually as maintenance or would it not be cost effective to do so? The Jeep is driven on perfect days and garaged, but the 88 Accord is the beater vehicle with the Q-Tip sized dings.

Usually it is per panel but, I have also seen it per ding as well. I don`t think there is any rule regarding how they charge. Just go to www.dentwizard.com and use their dealer locator to find someone near you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Before PDR, after purchasing from private seller, 50 dings and dents. After PDR in August, 0. Roughly $500 for the whole car.

Thanks to Xtreme PDR in McKinney, TX

Post Thanks / Like
    i currently have 1, put there by me, by letting the snow shovel fall over in the garage on to my front fender, PDR will take it out as soon as i get around to it. total i have had 3, 2 of them my fault! do`h!
    clean car = happy car

Post Thanks / Like
    I have one hail dent under my driver`s side mirror.

I also have a 1/2" x 1/2" area of paint missing on my driver`s door molding because somebody in a Tahoe couldn`t hold on to their door when they opened it. Oh, and there is a very small dent in my hood from where a rock hit it, but it is very hard to see. My wife thinks I am hallucinating (sp?).
    2003 Mazda Protege ES 2.0
    Sunlight Silver Metallic
    very dirty

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been trying to avoid dings for 45 years. I always try to park away from other folks. Walking is good exercise for us old guys. Somehow my vehicles still get dings. I put the last one in my truck with a hose at the coin op carwash.

Love that PDR technique. (It works only with modern paints. My vehicles prior to about 1990 had to be repaired at the body shop.) The only problem with PDR is that it cannot be used for dings at the edge of a panel.

If you are really serious about avoiding parking lot dings, have hip replacement surgery. You will than qualify for parking in those spacious handicapped stalls. I had a hip replacement at the end of December and my permit is good through June.

Tom
    2 white Tacomas and 2 black Harleys. I got half-way smart.

Post Thanks / Like
    None so far but the new car is only 3 months old, it replaced a car with no rubbing strips, owned it for 5 years & only 2 dings, one from a shoppinr trolley on the front wing & one in a rear panel.

Usually park away from everyone , at a corner or next to someone with a more expensive car
    Silver Grey BMW E60

Post Thanks / Like
    0 PDR is your friend....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information