Post Thanks / Like
    I know I know why did I go there in the first place ....

I decided to use a touchless car wash to remove the baked on road salt and sand from my car .. I was going to do the full monty friday so I pulled in and it started from the back and turned to the front and whack it hits my bumper on my RED Celica I was like WTF Im going to rip this thing out of the wall EXCEPT it is still spraying and in front of me so I stuck in it about 15 secs of that and watching it move back about 6inches and start to spin and WHACK again no im super pissed so I have to reverse to get out I go around and pull up to the gas station and everyone is outside smoking and one girl goes this isnt goo cause my cars covered in soap I couldnt see any damage so I left after they gave me money to get the soap off in 30 degree weather and I was on the way to the gym so Im in shorts.. Now im cold and wet when I leave the gym I see the damage a knick in the front and scratches where the sprayers hit the bumper I returned my refund tothem and said keep it this way when I have to sue you I havent been compensated I gave them my # and the girl said some "may" call me back so i got the corporate HQ # to call when I get jerked around .......

Post Thanks / Like
    Dude, that really does suck. I can understand how pissed off you must be. I had a problem like that once, except it involved one of those coin operated garage wash things. The Brush scratched my car. I made a stupid mistake and i will never do it again. I only did it for the same reason as you, to get salt off my car. Theres only one machine wash car wash i will go to because they are really high quality except they cost alot ($16).
    Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Post Thanks / Like
    That sucks!! I got three letters and a name for you....Q.E.W & quick detailer spray! I used it to get caked on salt off my vehicle and the results were as expected....:xyxthumbs
    "If you want to be rich - work. If you want to be clever - study. But if you want to be happy - do what you really like"

Post Thanks / Like
    Something similar happened to me once, except thankfully it was in a rental car. I can`t stand a dirty car, and if I get a dirty loaner or rental I always run it through the $5 gas station wash. This was the kind with the spinning "soft cloth" (It was called a "Velvet Touch" ironically) yet the whole machine moved back and forth over the car, it was like a giant horseshoe with the rotating brushes attatched to the top and the sides. Well, on each side of the machine were two plastic doors where they obviously added detergent or something. Well, I`m sitting there watching this contraption and something plastic was lightly swinging and tapping the car as it moved up from the fender towards the passenger door. I tought "Heh, thats weird..." 5 secs later it catches on the mirror, bends and snaps clean off of the contraption. I pulled out to find the back of the mirror and basically the entire passenger door scraped and dented.

Luckily it was a rental, and luckily they didnt notice/care lol. Taught me a lesson about such washes though...

Thread Information