Post Thanks / Like
    well i`m a idiot, i used the brush at the spary cashwash, now i have little scatches and swirls

whats a product i can use to remove them?

Post Thanks / Like
    There`s a bunch. Just remember to start with the least agressive first, sometime even twice, before upping to a more agressive product.

Menzerna, Einzett, 3M and Meguire`s all make polishes of varying agressiveness - find one you like and run with it. I would recommend picking a product line and then picking up at least a couple of "grits" in that line. Lots of good info will be returned from a search.

I have had good luck with Meg`s #83 (DACP) followed by #9 (SMR no. 2) or Menzerna IP and am about to try Einzett. I really like using the Menzerna FP as a final polish as it has no fillers (unlike the Megs and Einzett) - it does a great job of burnishing the paint to a high shine before sealants & waxes.

Post Thanks / Like
    do you think the new NXT would do it??? i just ordered some, also what about some black wax like tutle wax would that help you think???

Post Thanks / Like
    The only way to eliminate swirls is to physically remove them via the use of abrasives (albeit fine ones). If you don`t, then you are just filling them up with something, like oils and waxes - your vehicle will look good for a while, maybe 2-3 washes. These products will evaporate and/or wash off and your swirls will reappear and you will not be satisfied. Making the paint surface smooth by the removal of the paint layer(s) higher than the swirl is the ONLY WAY, short of a complete repaint to get the smooth surface you are seeking.

Having said all that, there is very little you can do with a PC and some mild polishes that could harm your paint (short of smashing the PC into the paint surface). You will be pleasantly surprised with the results. As you learn to use the machine, you will gain confidence and ability. Ultimately you will be able to remove almost every swirl/scratch you have and WILL GET in the future. Check out the PC thread on the forum in the Hall of Fame or use SEARCH.

A PC will quickly become your best friend.

THEN you will want to graduate to a rotary polisher to get those last few nagging marks out of the paint the PC cannot handle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bottle Fed,

I had all those same thoughts and then gave in to the mighty PC!

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showth...8&pagenumber=1

Post Thanks / Like
    Gonzo`s got it right, you can either fill in the swirls (in which case they will reappear at some point, guaranteed) or you can remove them with abrasive polishes.

NXT has some minor filling capabilities (based on the reports here, I haven`t tried it yet), but it will not *remove* any swirls.

You first have to decide if you want to try to remove them, or simply hide them over and over again.

John
    2008 Subaru Outback - Obsidian Black Pearl

1997 Acura Integra - Adriatic Blue

Thread Information