Post Thanks / Like
    Getting rid of orange peel, would that be part of a detailers job or the painters job. After I sprayed my bike I have this, :down look at the reflection of the light. The OP can only be seen on about less than 10% of the bike. Also, you can only see it up close and when the light hits it just right. The wierd looking stuff in the red is just some effect from the camera. Is orange peel something that polishing will take out or will I have to colorsand it first then buff? Or is this something that I should be asking some painters? Thanks for all help.

fish
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Someone will need to wetsand and buff out the tank to remove the orange peel. It should be the painters job since he put it there but most aren`t going to do this unless you pay for it. Painters always have tons of experience sanding and polishing while most detailers don`t touch this kind of work. Its not very hard to do but it does take a good bit of skill and expertise.
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeep what bret sayz .. also if the OP is in the base .. not the clear you may be stuck with it. I had 80% of my black car repainted and the original because its a VW was OP free. The repaint was OP free but for 1/3 of the of the rear fender between the tail light and the gas filler and it was in the clear. I let it sit for 30 days then used Menzerna Intensive polish followed by Final Polish and it took it out .. I was using a cordless orbital with not a lot of power so it took a long time but I made it.

If YOU were the painter then its up to you. Menzerna may not be your answer but I used what I had on the shelf.

Here is the area

PMS Adjuster

This he is a she

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. I have not problems colorsanding at all. I put a ton of clear on it. It`s just the polishing that I`m not so sure about. I` woried about not being able to get into the curves and therefore cause the paint or clear to burn.

fish

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Catfish

Thanks. I` woried about not being able to get into the curves and therefore cause the paint or clear to burn.

fish

If your using a PC r/a its doubtful if you will burn anything .. a rotary may..
    PMS Adjuster

This he is a she

Thread Information