Post Thanks / Like
    Today I added the 5th coat of SG on the hood of my car. I had the SG since the beginning of the year but as it wasn`t the easiest product to use and I had a lot of others to test almost every week, I saved it. Now, after the WOO (Billnorth Wipe-on Wipe-off method) I decided to use it for real and a couple of weeks ago I started layering it, following the AIO.

Well, yesterday as I put the 4th layer, another again I noticed the usual streaking after buffing (not that streaks from drying product, more like oily marks), I knew it goes away the next day. I used as usual a plushy MF towel.

Today I layered the 5th coat and I used a different towel, a short terry MF towel, less plushy and soft, and it buffed the SG without any residues, leaving a clean, streak free, brilliant surface. It`s the second time I use one of this towels to remove SG and it worked fine again.

Anyone tried one of this cloths to buff SG?

Post Thanks / Like
    jgv,

Many of my MF towels have a plush side and a non plush side. I find the non plush side to have more bite when removing product from the paint. I use this side if I start to have problems removing SG.

I also have some Megs Altimate wipes. These are less plush than most of my MF but this seems to help in removing the SG. I think a MF can be too soft and plush for removing product.

Post Thanks / Like
    Imagine using a cotton towel to remove SG? Then finding the dozens of areas you missed, MF is definitely the best thing invented for polish and wax removal, makes it so easy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Watch out for micro marring with MF`s and SG. Be sure to use no pressure. Let the towel do the work. Pressure can sometimes leave minor marks.

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s why I use Dupont Sontara Polishing Cloths... You really gotta want to make something go wrong to screw up with those things.
    ~Miguel

Post Thanks / Like
    jgv try the Wal-Mart MF towels for removal .. they are 5/$5 and will bite good for product removal.. all 15 I have passed a vigorous CD test so marring is not an issue. I even use them under the stock foam pad on the PC for removal .. Pad covers 1/4 of the MF so in essence you have 8 buffing surfaces per towel. 2 towels will remove #26 froma full sized car so I am sure 2 will do the thinly applied SG.
    PMS Adjuster

This he is a she

Post Thanks / Like
    Jesstzn, we don`t have wall mart here, but I have bought some MF towels for house cleaning with short thread that works well but are small. But I do have some larger better quality MF towels that were sent to me per request by a Korean company, those are the ones I`ve been using.

I decided to try them cause when using the usual plushy towels it was like I was dragging the product on the surface, leaving streaks.

After testing this removing the SG today I did the same test with UPP. And it worked! Again, buffing with one of this short thread towels left a clean surface, while using a plushy one required a lot more passes to achieve the same result.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m a newbie to the forum, so whilst on the subject of MF towels, what is the best blend to use and why? 70/30 or 80/20?

Cheers.
    My name`s Craig...

...and I`m addicted to detailing!

Thread Information