Post Thanks / Like
    I have tried QEW many times, and honestly, I still just don`t feel quite as comfortable as a traditional wash. With that said, when it is very cold outside and various other reasons, a final rinse with the hose just sometimes isn`t feasible. In those times, this is my preferred way of doing things.

I use 3 buckets. I fill them up with warm water from inside the house. 1st bucket gets normal car soap, 2nd bucket is rinse water for the wash bucket, and 3rd bucket is final rinse water. I wash the car normally. Granted I may have on a winter coat, but at least my hands inside the lambswool mit are semi-warm from the water. I wash it, rinsing out my mit in the rinse water, then continue to wash it. After I am done with a side, I take the bucket and empty 1/2 to 3/4 of the bucket rinsing the soap off, do the same for the other side, refill from inside if necessary. Then I spray Poorboy`s S&W on individual spots that may not have gotten rinsed all that well, pull it in the garage, turn on my heater, dry with a WW and QD.

It is probably more effort than QEW and there is no magical chemical formula that suddenly prevents dirt from sticking to your car like QEW, but I feel that it is safer and that`s why I do it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Greg: have you had your neighbors question your sanity in Overland Park? ... My neighbors have!

But, what the hay...what do they know about Autopia!
    2003 Mustang Mach 1

Thread Information