Post Thanks / Like
    After a week of nasty weather, my wife surprised me by taking our black Acura MDX through the car wash to save me the effort. We were going out, and she was trying to be helpful. Anyways, car looked bad.

I quickly used Poorboys S&W and then looked at all the new micro scratches and decided to try out my 1Z Metallic Wax with Polish.

I applied by hand and immediately buffer off. Over the Hood, I also applied Glanz wax. Did the metallic wax job in about 20 minutes.

Anyways, I didn`t do wheels or wheel wells, just wanted to remove water marks and scratches.

Let me know what you think.

SamIam
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Take 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Last one

Post Thanks / Like
    Very reflective and very easy to use. Works great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice job Sam :up . I too have discovered 1Z products. I really like this stuff. The more I use it the more I like it.

Post Thanks / Like
    So far I only have the Metallic Polish and LOVE it! I would love to try other products from them as well soon.
    John `Cujo` Barnett

Custom Car Care

Mobile Auto Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    The Paint Polish is awesome. Seems to remove scratches as well as really produce a great shine. Also, the Glanz Wax is incredible. Cool stuff to use. I applied it to a Jag convertible and had some people watching as I did it. They were impressed enough to ask me where they could buy some.

Post Thanks / Like
    SamIam- Nice job. Yeah, the 1Z polishes work VERY well for me too. Lucky you to have paint that responds so well to the (very mild) Metallic. Being able to remove marring with (only) that must be handy, what with its protective qualities.

Post Thanks / Like
    Accumulator,

I know you have an Audi, I have a black A8 and have putting some big miles on it driving to Cleveland and Pittsburgh lately on business. I ran it through a touchless wash the other night when I got back and it looked like crap. Lots of micromarring and swirls. I tried some metallic by hand and it didn`t help. Got out the PC and really worked it in with a white polishing pad. Maybe I just filled in the marring, but covered with Glanz wax and now I am again happy with the looks.

I agree though, Metallic is very mild. I have to use the Paint Polish with the PC if I want to impact real scratches. I did get a rotatary, used the 1Z Pro Line polish, followed up with the Paint Polish with a PC and was really happy with the results. I`m now looking for a beater to try out the Ultra on. My niece just got an old Skyhawk, it may be chance!

How is your S8 holding up? Nothing like quattro for the winter!

Post Thanks / Like
    SamIam- If YOU are happy with how the metallic worked, then that`s what counts :xyxthumbs Filled, removed, who cares if you like how it looks. I can`t see doing any polishing before spring anyhow, too many things can happen to mar the paint during winter and we only have so much clearcoat.

How do you like the 1Z Pro polishes with the rotary?

Yeah, I LOVE quattro. Seems to work better than the Subaru`s AWD, even with the same tires. In fact, I just put the snows on Accumulatorette`s A8. You run winter tires on yours?

Oh, FWIW, when she`s travelling, she runs it through *truly* touchless carwashes, and doesn`t let them dry it. As long as I`ve properly detailed it recently, that seems to work OK. When she gets home, I never have to work too hard to clean it up. She recently did Ohio-Tenn-Ohio, and it cleaned up just fine with just a quick wash and some clay.

On the S8, heh heh, it`s spending the winter in Stoddard Imported Cars` body shop Check out the thread in the Car & Driver forum entitled something like "S8 vs. Deer" I don`t expect it to really be "the same", but they aren`t making them any more (I REALLY looked for one, too) and I don`t like the new Audis as much as I like THAT car. [sigh]

I`m currently driving a Mitsubishi SUV insurance rental, not a TERRIBLE thing, at least this time of year. Resisting the urge to detail it...

Actually, I don`t drive the S8 all that much in the winter anyhow, preferring to let the beaters take the abuse. Heh heh, I keep it all nice and perfect so I can go deer hunting with it :p

Post Thanks / Like
    What does someone with an A8 and an S8 use for a winter beater? LOL!

Post Thanks / Like
    LightngSVT- Heh heh, yeah, it DOES sound goofy, huh? The A8 actually gets a LOT of use, Accumulatorette basically just drives IT all the time and I`ll usually take it rather than get the S8 dirty (I`ll have to wash the A8 anyhow, or so I figure). Plus, I don`t have snows for the S8 and AWD or not, the low profile 18"ers on it don`t work too well in winter.

I usually have a "spare" AWD car that I don`t pamper so much. Since I got it, I`ve been using the WRX a lot in the winter (had some leftover snowtires from an older Audi that fit it, too). But I often have the dogs with me, so that means one of the dog-hauling vehicles. They`re sure not Quattros, but with Blizzaks they get around quite well.

I had really been pampering the S8 since seeing the newer Audis. If not for the deer incident, it might`ve been a real KEEPER like my XJS, so I`ve kept it "beyond spotless". Seems sorta bass-ackwards now that it`s wrecked! Now that I`ll never see the paint as "perfect", maybe I`ll start treating it like a real car and rack up some miles on it.

Thread Information