Post Thanks / Like
    OK, I have been reading lots of useful information here and made a great big list of products I wanted to try and gave to my fiance. Well I got them all for Christmas. OK now for the question, alot of people rave about the 303 Aerospace, I love the results I got on the interior but my fiance has a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Freedom edition which has all raw plastic on the lower quarter panels. I usually don`t use any product other than EOs Wax as you Dry on it but I gave the 303 a chance because the EO product needs alot of work to keep it looking streaky on the plastic. The 303 Looked great, until we had a light overnight drizzle. Now the plastics look like cr*p due to the product running. Anyone know of a product I can use to enhance the look of the exterior plastic that is fairly duarble in light rain/frost? I don`t expect the product to hold up in a heavy rain but it drizzled for about 10 min last night and now I can tell where the water ran down on all the plastics. I am sure someone has some useful info. Thanks in advance:up

Post Thanks / Like
    I found Plexus at a local motorcycle shop and it got stuff off my lights which I thought was permanent...

That'll buff right out! jimmybuffit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My guess is that the Jeep either got caught in the rain too soon, and/or it was applied way too heavy. Try a thin coat of 303, with at least an hour or so to `cure`.

If you can access it, ValuGard`s "Trim and Molding Renewer" is perfect for that vinyl clad finish. Great for Avalanches, etc.

Jim
    "If it was easy, everybody`d be doing it."
    www.jimmybuffit.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys! I do have Plexus but on the cladding it does it no justice, gets it clean but no shine. I will have to try and go lighter with teh 303. Where can I get the Valugard?

Post Thanks / Like
    Buff the 303 with a clean & dry cloth. I wait an hour.

Post Thanks / Like
    In my observations, the key to using 303 is like Lost Pup said. It must be buffed with a clean, dry cloth after it`s been allowed to "penetrate". I use a microfiber cloth to buff mine, as it "soaks" up the excess really well.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    CharlesW posted this in another thread; seems relevant:

With the several comments about not buffing off 303, it seems like posting at least part of the info I received from 303 might be of some benefit.

From 303:

"Some spray 303 on a cloth and wipe it on and, seeing 303`s terrific cosmetics, leave it. Others use the same cloth in wiping a large area and end up not drying, but leaving the treated surface damp with 303. One cannot completely dry a treated area by finishing with a cloth damp with 303. At some point one has

to turn the cloth over to a dry area to finish the drying or go to a

second dry cloth to finish the drying. This is similar to cleaning your glasses, you can`t get the job done with a damp cloth, you have to turn it over to a dry area. By the way, 303 A. Protectant will NOT air dry.

These folks leave unabsorbed, un-bonded excess 303 polymer on the surface. This excess polymer after the water evaporates out retains a dampness. Though the treated surface may look great, it has little repellency and dust will stick to it. And when it rains this "washes off" and will streak surfaces below. Typically where 303 receives the most calls about this has to do with tonneau covers.

If the product is applied according to directions, sprayed on and wiped completely dry, it leaves a super repellent finish (to dirt, dust, tree sap, bird droppings) and LASTS LONGER. It will NOT wash off onto other surfaces.

Anyone can easily see this for themselves by treating a piece of vinyl, formica, stainless steel sink, gelcoat fiberglass, the EPDM rubber seals used on car doors and trunks, etc.

FYI, a little extra enthusiasm in the drying/buffing of the treated

surface with a DRY cloth causes the surface to become even more repellent and to last even longer.

Here`s a link to more info about the vinyl application, once here click on and read the "blue" brochure. For even more information on vinyl, click on and read Tech Facts Vol. II - Vinyl (same page):

www.303products.com/main.php?infopage=techfacts

Tires....tires are more absorbent, application a little different. On

the above link, click on and read: Tech Facts Vol. 1 - Why Are Tires Black?.

At the bottom of this volume, you`ll find Tips For Tires, goes into

proper application for treating tires to protectant against warranty sidewall failure, for maximum and longest lasting cosmetic effects."

neoflex, I`d give the 303 a try again, and this time, buff it HARD with a clean dry towel after it`s had a chance to penetrate.

Tort

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the replys!!!! Greatly appreciated, and I will give the 303 another try today, rain is predicted for Friday, so it will be a good test. I must admit that I am guilty when it comes to not buffing it. So I will definatly follow the instructions this time Thanks again!!!!!!

Thread Information