Post Thanks / Like
    ...does that generally mean the clay isn`t picking much up?

I tried claying a bit of my car with the PolyClay. I didn`t use any pressure, I just glided it across the hood with soap and water as lubricant. It really didn`t make any sounds or "catch" as I swept it across the surface.

Am I doing something wrong or is my new car free of contaminants? Or is the clay bar actually picking stuff up?

Tarmac Black Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII

Supernintendo Chalmers
    Post Thanks / Like
    It has always been my experience that if the car is as clean as possible with the two bucket method but hasn`t been clayed in a while, the clay won`t "feel" as though it`s doing much. It will, however, become dirty by the end of every panel. That`s part of the beauty of the yellow color of Mother`s clay--it`s easy to tell the progress you are making. When you see visible color change, ball it up and continue. Good luck.
    Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand.

Post Thanks / Like
    It depends on the contamination you`re removing. Sometimes you don`t hear or feel very much because it`s so fine and the swiping action itself is making noise. Just buff the spot you`re working on and check your progress with your fingers. Come back if you are NOT removing the contamination.

Post Thanks / Like
    Your paint might be clean. The last few times I have clayed, the bar has not picked up very much. I fanatically maintain my cars and store them in a garage (also park in a garage at work), so there just ins`t much opportunity for them to get dirty. You might be expeiencing the same phenomenon.
    2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport -- Zaino

1999 MB C280 -- 1Z Glanz

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn`t clay my car until last summer...and the clay still didn`t pick up that much...but I do have to admit that my finish is better now. I think clay is good maybe once a year...if you clean the car religiously it`s really not that important and doesn`t do THAT much. So basically what I`m saying it that if the clay is totally clean after doing a panel, don`t bother as it won`t get you anything. If you see dirt at the end of the panel then keep going.

Thread Information