Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by dmatre

Update on the `wait 1 hour` versus `BillNorth method`:

Now one month after application of AIO/SG on two cars - `99 Passat using `wait 1 hour` before wiping off, `03 C230 using `BillNorth method`.

Just washed both cars over the weekend, and until now there appears to be no difference in the performance of the SG.

The extreme reflectivity (is that a word?) that was there immediately after the 2nd coat of SG, appears to have diminished on both cars. They are both very clean, and shine better than 99.5% of the cars on the road - but they don`t have the brilliance that they had immediately after wiping off the SG.

Both cars appeared to have the same water beading/sheating performance while being washed.

As of today, I would say that the BillNorth method has the same results as the wait-1-hour method, when tested after 1 month.

Interesting note: Switched from Mercedes/Meguiars car wash to Griot`s car wash (when the MB car wash ran out). The Griot`s tends to bead much more on the car, and does not `sheet` off as cleanly as the MB/Megs car wash.

I`ll post the next update sometime in early February (if I can find a break where the cars don`t freeze while being washed).

Thanks for keeping us updated!!! I sincerely appreciate it.

Bill. :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Nine months later. Have people been using the Bill North Method? How has it worked out for you?

Post Thanks / Like
    I used the BillNorth method on my TSX. I washed, clayed, use AIO, and then the BillNorth Method for SG application. I gave it four layers, with about a week or two in between each. Since that time, I wash the car regularly, and detail it with Sonus about once every two weeks. This process has left a brilliant shine that is still slick and beading about one year later. I`m about to purchase a PC (to apply the AIO) and go through the entire process again.

In short, Bill`s method works great and he did us all a service by posting it here.

Post Thanks / Like
    iI tried it on my friends black RX7 and it came out great! Wish I had a pic to post to show it after 6 coats.

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s still working for me, and I`ve been using for longer than 9 months!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Just did it, works like a charm. Did a little variation though, did 2 panels initially, then wiped one, applied one, and `leap frogged` around the car. One section dried, while I applied to one, never dried more than a couple of minutes. Looks great.

thnx

Art
    ////AMG

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats great to know since I have been a little nervous about using it. Just aquired some AIO and SG from a couple of really great members so I can try them before I purchase. I will let you all know how it goes and post pics.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been using the WOO for about a year now.

This weekend I went back to the `wait a while` on the Benz, just to see what the deal was.

The temperature was in the low 70`s, with very low humidity.

After about an hour (detailed the inside, plus wheels & tires), I wiped off the SG, and it came off very easily (much easier than I had ever experienced in the past). Additionally, there was no streaking at all.

Based upon this (and the fact that the last time I tried to remove the SG after waiting, it was hard as heck - and streaked), I would believe that that streaking that people have experienced is due to high humidity.

I`ll probably still be using the WOO method in the future - but most certainly I`ll be `woo-ing` in the summer months.

2000 Volvo S80</p>

2006 Nissan Murano</p>

2011 BMW 328i</p>

2014 Mercedes E350

Post Thanks / Like
    Bill..Finally used SG today to try your method. I was torn between UPP and trying SG, but it looks like SG is super on my silver GTO. Better shine than EX-P as well. May still try UPP, but your method for SG just blew me away! Thanks SO much!

Brett

Post Thanks / Like
    Brett, I`m glad it worked out for you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by OneQuickGT1

Bill..Finally used SG today to try your method. I was torn between UPP and trying SG, but it looks like SG is super on my silver GTO. Better shine than EX-P as well. May still try UPP, but your method for SG just blew me away! Thanks SO much!

Brett

Any Pics of that GTO after SG Brett?

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll try and get some real soon. I am debating as well whether or not UPP will make the car look any better than either SG or EX-P. Any comments from this crowd? I will snap some pics soon and get them to you!

Brett

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been using EX-P on my siver honda. Really like the way it looks but an going to try AIO/SG soon. Hopefully this weekend. Will post pics too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Dalton...I will be anxious to hear your thoughts after trying both. Even with little prep, I am happy thus far with SG. Come spring, I will be using an AIO prep to see how SG can really look. I do agree that EX-P is a sweet product, but as you well know, ALWAYS gotta try something new

Brett

Post Thanks / Like
    Very true. I aquired SG in a trade from a member here and the AIO was a present from a member at DetailCity.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information