Post Thanks / Like
    How do detailing products marketed to professionals, e.g. Lane`s, H-Temp, Pro-Wax, etc ... stack up to the products most of us here at Autopia use?

Is the emphasis of pro products just on bulk and effiecieny, or are they very good products?
    Interviewer: : Rock, you got anything derogatory to say about the champ?

Rocky Balboa: Derogatory? Yeah. He`s great

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I`ve wondered the same thing...I`ve done a little more looking into Hi-Temp than others, and it seems like their stuff was OK. Apparently, their light-cut swirl remover smells like it`ll go up in flames if you light a match, but otherwise it works great. Lets see, I guess they make a lot of cleaner-wax products which are apparently ok for high-production work..ya know, if ya are into cleaner-wax... I`m kinda interested in their Terminator II paint sealant which supposedly lasts 4-6 months and doesn`t have any cleaning power. With Meguiar`s new NXT tech-wax coming out, I almost feel like I shouldn`t waste my money on it. I dunno, its only $5.95 for 16 oz. so maybe I should go for it, but then again, I`d most likely be sure to like a Meguiars product. aargh...
    Yes, it floats my boat.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t think there`s an easy answer to this one. People on both sides will argue the merits of their products.

There`s a good bit of crossover between these two product types. There aren`t too many niche product sellers who can afford to develop, blend, and mfr their own product. So they buy products from larger mfr`s (some you have mentioned) and relabel and repackage them. Some niche companies have the product tweaked a little (color and fragrance are common alterations) in order to differentiate their stuff from the bulk products.

People who use and support "enthusiast" products will insist that their products are superior in design and performance.

People who use and support "professional" bulk products will insist their stuff is just as good as the enthusiast products. They`ll tell you that you`re just paying for slick marketing and fancy packaging but the product in the bottle is no better than what they buy in bulk.

Whenever I read posts comparing "pro" products to "niche" products, I always question the preferences and bias of the post writer. Everyone has their favorites and many defend their choices aggressively. I think its smart to consider the source and decide for yourself which type of product is better.
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    hi temp is not that great at all, i like many other enthusiast products better, they just sell cheap stuff in bulk

Post Thanks / Like
    hi temp is not that great at all, i like many other enthusiast products better, they just sell cheap stuff in bulk
    I believe Anthony Orosco uses Hi-temp products and is very skilled in what he does, he has posted pictures of cars done with their products and they look amazing. (I picked Hi-temp products to talk about because they were mentioned above). I guess sometimes the performance of a product can only be maximized through experience working with the product and knowledge of what situation to use them in.

That'll buff right out! jimmybuffit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    As usual, bretfraz nails the issue pretty well. Couple things for sure; widely available products have better marketing and distribution than R&D...

So many companies try to be all things, offering at least one product in each category...

A National Sales Mgr for a large supplier once told me that many companies simply wait for 3M to introduce a new product, do chem analysis, and bring their own version to market... Maybe that`s why there really isn`t alot of difference! I dunno.

I`ve got 4-5 products in the DACP range that all give equivalent results. As soon as I use up current supplies, guess what, the deciding factor will be price...

Example: I use 4 or 5 products from the Eagle One Pro Series. The products are easy to use, give predictable results, priced right in 5 gal containers. I need to reorder, but I haven`t seen the rep in quite awhile. So, since AutoMagic and Malco reps call on me like clockwork (and offer helpful assistance) they`ll get the business.

The Klasse Twins tend to be the singular standout item in my arsenal that is not available from a variety of sources.

That`s just two cents.

Jim
    "If it was easy, everybody`d be doing it."
    www.jimmybuffit.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by NozeBleedSpeed

Anthony,Scott,NY Detailer and many others here,would get the same results from Turtle Wax products off of the shelf,because they work hard and master detailing techniques instead of relying on magic products.

I wonder if that`s true. I`ve got my paint in pretty good shape and it`s very hard for me to distinguish the subtle differences between quality combos. I`m almost tempted to go by a tin of "Rain Dance" or some other $5.99 consumer wax to see if I can tell a difference now.

It`s won`t be TW though ... wouldn`t put that on my mail box.
    Interviewer: : Rock, you got anything derogatory to say about the champ?

Rocky Balboa: Derogatory? Yeah. He`s great

Thread Information