Post Thanks / Like
    Im looking to start using something on my wheels (the rims, not the tires). For reference, mine are part anodized aluminum and I believe the other part of the rims are clear coated aluminum (half anodized, half shiny).

I’d want something that would prevent brake dust from sticking on the rims. For me, Protection > Looks. Some people have mentioned using Klasse or Zaino? but those aren`t available to me at the moment. I’ve also heard that people have had good results with NuFinish (gasp).

My main question is… would a cleaner wax work? Or would extreme temperatures burn the wax right off? I suppose a synthetic wax would work better than a carnauba wax… Does anyone have experience with this?

Post Thanks / Like
    collinite would be the best non-sealant to use on your rims for protection.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just my exp.... wax made dirt stick even more. Klasse made the dirt easy to remove. I never tried collinite though... I used a lot of other waxes that looked great but offered little or no real protection. Klasse is cheap and easily procurred. less than 35 bucks for enough to last a long time

Post Thanks / Like
    By Klasse... every one means Klasse AIO? or is it the Sealent Glaze?

Post Thanks / Like
    its a two step process, you need the aio on first then the SG

Some do just use the AIO ( great cleaner and sets up for the SG) but the SG adds a lot of gloss and protection as well

Post Thanks / Like
    i use AIO+SG on my rims (clear coated). brakedust just kind of washes off, and hopefully it will make the salt this winter rinse off easier too.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d be very careful with anodized aluminum. The coating is easy to polish off. Do not use aggressive polishes or cleaners on anodized parts. Stick with either non-cleaner waxes or sealants like Zaino. I imagine SG will work OK. Stay away from NuFinish and the like.
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I use AIO and SG on the rims, and even after a week of hard driving, a little spray of S&W and the brake dust just wipes clean off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tomorrow I will be detailing my father`s car again and this time will be protecting the wheels with poorboys exp and after curing time, wolfgang DGPS. I might even add a synthetic wax which I find doesn`t make dust stick even more unlike what was written above.

What should I use to clean the rims each week?

I have been using professional wash and wax on tyres and wheels that have synthetic wax on them and it works great and is self drying but I`m curious about sealants.

My car`s alum wheels will be klassed.
    Car care/detailing sadly isn`t high on the agenda for 98% of australians.

Thread Information