Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve never used a sealant before, but would like to try one next spring when the detailing season can once again resume. Since I already have many Meguiar`s products (#9, #7, #26, GC, etc.), I thought it might make sense to stick with something from within their own lineup, as opposed to venturing into Klasse or Zaino.

With the eve of the launch of NXT Tech Wax, does it make sense to plan to buy #20 in about the April time-frame, not knowing exactly when NXT will be readily available in stores. Or should I wait?

I`m in Canada BTW. I have no idea when NXT will arrive up here. And, for the most part my detailing is over now until the end of winter so I can`t even play with these products again for the next 4-5 months.

P.S. Where can I buy/order some Quick & Easy Wash?

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Id wait for NXT you are going to buy it anyway. QEW can be bought where they sell boat supplies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Correction: camping and R.V. store

Post Thanks / Like
    #20 has some cleaning abilities. From what I understand NXT does not. So I wouldn`t consider them equal in terms of both being `sealants`.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can use whatever you want as long as you know what is in what and what it does. If you`re not sure, ask here! There`s no rule that says you have to stick to Meguiar`s if you already own Meguiar`s products but want to try something else. There really isn`t such a thing as brand incompatibility as long as you know what you have in your hands.

It`s up to you whether or not you wish to jump on the NXT bandwagon. While initial comments and information for NXT are interesting and promising, I would wait for more feedback on this product unless you`re willing to experiment.

MANY new products have popped up at various times, with a great deal of hype and excitement about them initially, only to fade into disappointment or indifference as time went on. Some people still liked them when the dust settled, but there was nowhere near the same level of enthusiasm as before. I prefer to take a "wait and see" approach because of this.

As for QEW, follow this link: http://www.protectall.com/where.htm search the Retailer Database, and start phoning. Not all Protect-All retailers will stock or carry QEW. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Got my QEW from http://www.dyersonline.com
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d wait for the NXT if you`re not planning on doing anything until the spring time.

Also, like 4DSC said, you can mix and match names. I used Meg`s #9 and followed with the Klasse Twins yesterday, but I`m a Zaino user.

Here`s a link for QEW. I just can`t get myself to pay for the shipping to try out this product. Although I really want to. :p

http://www.campingworld.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    DO a search on protectall`s website, after ordering from camping world, I found that the wal-mart 3 minutes away stocks it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 4DSC

You can use whatever you want as long as you know what is in what and what it does. If you`re not sure, ask here! There`s no rule that says you have to stick to Meguiar`s if you already own Meguiar`s products but want to try something else. There really isn`t such a thing as brand incompatibility as long as you know what you have in your hands.

It`s up to you whether or not you wish to jump on the NXT bandwagon. While initial comments and information for NXT are interesting and promising, I would wait for more feedback on this product unless you`re willing to experiment.

MANY new products have popped up at various times, with a great deal of hype and excitement about them initially, only to fade into disappointment or indifference as time went on. Some people still liked them when the dust settled, but there was nowhere near the same level of enthusiasm as before. I prefer to take a "wait and see" approach because of this.

Exactly what I want to say! I’ve noticed that NXT has gotten a lot of initial hype by people who have not even used it yet. While Meguiar’s is making large claims about NXT on this forum... about how "there has been nothing like this before," I’m always skeptical. I’m afraid that NXT would be another Blackfire; something eagerly anticipated with initial positive reviews, but to many, only a disappointment in the end.

I think this old post by Intermezzo is spot on:

I enjoy reading about ppl`s experiences and their testing of various products, but I CAN`T STAND opinions which are nothing more than veiled regurgitations of what`s been posted before or just a rewording of how the product is marketed. It bothers me to no end when I read a someone commenting on how long a product lasts when they haven`t even tried it or tested how long it lasts!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by BW

Exactly what I want to say! I’ve noticed that NXT has gotten a lot of initial hype by people who have not even used it yet. While Meguiar’s is making large claims about NXT on this forum... about how "there has been nothing like this before," I’m always skeptical. I’m afraid that NXT would be another Blackfire; something eagerly anticipated with initial positive reviews, but to many, only a disappointment in the end.

I think this old post by Intermezzo is spot on:

Ya know what I find interesting? Its OK with everyone to say something positive about something they have no personal experience with, but if you say something negative, you get raked over the coals by everyone.

While I don`t exactly agree with Intermezzo`s statement, I do feel that products need to be tested in the real world by real consumers. I`ve seen NXT in action, I`ve seen it used side-by-side with other products, and I have about the same info on it as most of us here. It`s definitely a product Meguiar`s needs to appeal to the serious enthusiast; a market segment they`ve been ignoring for the past several years. Is it going to live up to all the hype posted here and other places? Only time will tell. But most of us can recall the Blackfire product launch from late 2001 and will compare the NXT roll out to that.

I do think people can learn about products without having used them. Just because someone uses a certain product does not mean they`re automatically an expert on it. Frankly, I don`t think most people, including a majority of Autopians, are savvy enough to discern one competitive product from another if they were given a blind comparison test.

Personal experience is only one type of education. There are lots of ways to learn about things like car waxes. Using them is a very simple way to learn about them but unless you have a comparitive analysis formula or a subjective test methodology which is applied everytime a product is used, what is being learned is actually very little.

Just the way I see product comparos which I well know is very different than the way most everyone else sees them.
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Now I`m kinda thinking... should I forget the #20 and NXT and just go for the MPPP instead?

I like #7 and #26.

#7/#20/#26? or #7/MPPP perhaps?

(hehe... still have an itch to try S100 and Klasse next year too... D`oh!)

BTW.... I found a local RV store here in Edmonton that I can get the Quick & Easy Wash... 16oz bottle for $16.99 CDN. Woohoo!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t know about up in Edmonton, but I`ve seen MPPP down here for something like $40 a bottle!! No thanks! #20 tends to be kind of pricey as well.

Since you have it already you could always just stick with #26, which is already a perfectly good and fairly durable wax. I can`t remember how good it is supposed to be compared to #20, but it`s not bad for a non-sealant.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by BW

I’m afraid that NXT would be another Blackfire; something eagerly anticipated with initial positive reviews, but to many, only a disappointment in the end.

Can anyone elaborate on the Blackfire issue? I have a friend who`s kinda intrigued about the product but neither of us know much about it. This isn`t the first time I`ve seen hints using key-words like: product rollout, hype, disappoint, etc. What`s the whole story and history with Blackfire (are there some key posts I should check out)? I did notice that on Autopia`s own review page, it seemed to score just as well as Klasse SG and Zaino Z2/Z5 -- about 4/5 stars. :nixweiss

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 4DSC

I don`t know about up in Edmonton, but I`ve seen MPPP down here for something like $40 a bottle!! No thanks! #20 tends to be kind of pricey as well.

Just FYI, I found #20 locally at a paint suppy shop for $25 CDN. That doesn`t seem bad at all, considering the list price on the Meg`s website is ~$18-19 US. (I also found #26 liq for $13-14 CDN locally).

And more info for Canadians, I found Protect All`s Quick & Easy Wash at a local RV store for $15.99 CDN. (Considering its ~ $10 US online, you can`t beat that local price if you tried ordering it.)

:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Inzane,

I found a local source that can get QEW by the gallon for $60 Canadian. I remember seeing it listed on Protect All`s site for $40 US. I will be using it a lot this winter and paying $16 for 16oz is not the way to go.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information