Post Thanks / Like
    Alright, i`ll cut right to it. I want the metal flake in my paint to "pop" and really come alive and shine.

My paint is pretty new, painted in March, 02 viper blue base coat with electron blue mixed in. The flake didn`t really come alive until i applied AIO and SGX1, i just added another coat of SG and under say the lights of a gas station you can really see the flake.

Now i`ve read that after maybe the 3rd coat of SG it pretty much is useless to continue so i am going to top it with P21S most likely or pinnacle.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what type of wax/glaze/polish to use to make the metal flake really sparkle like crazy? Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds to me that you are on the right track. The P21 should work well. BTW nice car.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to agree on Klasses effect on metal flake or metallic paint. I use it on my Toyota 4Runner which has a Millenium Silver metallic paint. It makes the metallic come out so much. I love the look so much that I don`t even top with carnuaba.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quik- Yeah, don`t be too quick to top your SG. The Law of Diminishing Returns does apply here, but *I* wouldn`t (and don`t, on silver) quit at 3 coats. Keep adding SG while researching just WHAT to top it with (if anything). And the P21S IS much better for this than Souveran, BTW. Also, you might consider Pinnacles Paste Glaze. But *I`D* probably stick with the SG untopped.

Post Thanks / Like
    awesome car!!

:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s the same car that you painted electron blue, but had problems with the way the work was done, isn`t it? I`m glad to see it came out so beautifully; the mix of viper & electron is pretty dang nice!

I love carnubas, but I wouldn`t recommend them for your car either. I`d stick with the SG, or even Zaino; Z is almost like it was made for metalflake, IMO. I don`t think you can go wrong either way, though.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Top it with some Meguiar`s Final Detail quick detailer. I think you will get the "pop" you are looking for.

Be warned that it does contain silicones and is not body shop safe. It is from their Detailer line of products.

I just picked up a gallon today with a free spray bottle for $16.00 at a local car show at a Meguiar`s tent.

Post Thanks / Like
    To be honest...I HATE that car...but it looks absolutely ridiculous in that pic...REALLY nasty! Nice work!

I too have noticed the effect SG has on the metallic flake really popping. I have 4 coats of SG on now and I think I have finally reached the point of diminishing returns...as people have said. Still though....I think 4 coats is worth it...the effect is pretty incredible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Search here into a guy theat put PUPP over Klasse on a new Mazda - really awsome. I was so impressed I bought some PUPP to put on my red truck after I DACP it this winter

Post Thanks / Like
    Careful putting anything like a carnuba over KLA Glaze. Don`t think it will stick to the glaze. Keep going with the layers of glaze. That works great for flake.

Thread Information