Post Thanks / Like
    I am not familiar with these products and I`m just curious about there quality.

Users, to which products do they compare?

I am looking for a swirl remover and thought maybe I could give Zimol a try.

Share with me some of your experiences with Zimol.

How about $, is it reasonable?:wavey

Post Thanks / Like
    Doesn`t Zymol abide by the no abrasive theory? In that case, you probably look somewhere different for a swirl remover.

Obsessive Compulsive Detailer Jngrbrdman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Most of the Zymol line is just wax products. They do have some leather care products that I have heard are ok. I`ve used their Vintage wax that is about $1500 bucks a jar and I was less impressed than I thought I would be. My $15 dollar jar of S100 does the job just fine. Zymol is for people who don`t know any better and just buy it because they have heard of it. Its not really that great.
    ~ ~ www.OCDetails.com ~ ~
    Faster isn`t better. BETTER is better no matter how long it takes.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would disagree, I know "alot" and I am pleased with Zymol. I am also pleased with Souveran and S100/P21s. I wouldn`t say "its not that great" by any means. In my opinion it is, from what I`ve used, the greatest(by a small bit), but my needs may differ (I care about shine and wetness/depth and nothing else).

Post Thanks / Like
    I used to use the Zymol cleaner wax when I did it by hand. It always camed out good for a job done by hand. Read the directions though cause, if I remember correctly, it says to spray it with water and buff when done. This made it shine better for whatever reason.

Obsessive Compulsive Detailer Jngrbrdman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by SuperBuick

I would disagree, I know "alot" and I am pleased with Zymol. I am also pleased with Souveran and S100/P21s. I wouldn`t say "its not that great" by any means. In my opinion it is, from what I`ve used, the greatest(by a small bit), but my needs may differ (I care about shine and wetness/depth and nothing else).

See...that`s probably it. I don`t really care that much about durability, but I do expect the wax to last longer than 2 or 3 weeks. My only experience with Zymol is with Vintage and the blue cleaner wax stuff and neither one of them was impressive enough in that department to get me to switch from my Pinnacle waxes or my S100/P21S waxes. I`ll agree that Vintage looked damn good this summer the last time I used it. It looked good for a couple weeks and then I was back to my S100. I`ve never used something that changed appearance so quickly. Usually its hard to tell when a product wears off just by looking at the car. Particulary on white. It just didn`t float my boat. Hey, different strokes, eh?
    ~ ~ www.OCDetails.com ~ ~
    Faster isn`t better. BETTER is better no matter how long it takes.

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/

justadumbarchitect
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oops!

Zymol users chime in

I am not familiar with these products and I`m just curious about there quality.

Users, to which products do they compare? I am looking for a swirl remover and thought maybe I could give Zimol a try.

Share with me some of your experiences with Zimol.

How about $, is it reasonable?

Quality: My experience with this companies (Zymol) products is that I’ve always found them to be high quality but expensive

As previously stated Zymol primary products are wax they don’t make a swirl remover or any abrasives, the only product that is (but very mild) is HD Cleanse that’s paint cleaner. I use 3M Perfect-It or Meguire’s Scratch X.

I use Zymol wax as a finishing coat on top of Autoglym resin and as a final wax (Vintage Wax, but it’s $ 1,000 + life-time refill) on concourse cars. I’ve used their waxes for a long time without any problems. I will say that recently I’ve tried P21S Carnauba Wax with as/better results on the resin finish and it’s very inexpensive compared to Zymol. Both application and removal (with Microfiber Towels) is very easy. Durability like most carnauba waxes (50% left after 30 days, 25% after 60 days and 15% after 90 days) That’s why I use a resin type finish on my daily driver (Florida sun) the wax finish just gives a final zing to the finish (plus I enjoy detailing cars)

$ Cost: as previously stated they (Zymol) are expensive compared to other products out there, and arguably (opinions will vary wildly on this as it comes down to ‘preference’) less expensive (i.e. P21S) wax will give an equal result.

Hope this helps.
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to all that replied, I had no idea that the price was that high, I will be looking somewhere else, unless I get it as a Christmas gift!!!!!!!!!no the wife is :nono :nono

Post Thanks / Like
    I have Zymol and P21S, both. I know I paid about $25 for the little jar of P21S, but it is worth every penny, IMO. To me this is chump change in exchange for protecting the finish of your vehicle.

I have 2 cars that I was to cheap or lazy to wax, and 2 that I am a detail fanatic with. The best decision is to make time to wax and use a good product.

I used both products on the car and the Zymol did not produce the `"shine" that P21S did.

This is just my experience.

Thread Information