Post Thanks / Like
    Just wanted to know if there are any good liquid waxes out there that won`t stain plastic trim moldings or leave significant "chalking" in small crevises?

I know the carnuba waxes like P21S, Zymol, S100, etc won`t stain moldings, but it looks like you apply them by hand for the most part. I would prefer a product I can apply with my PC.
    2005 Volvo S60 R

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d encourage you to reconsider. P21S/S100 is so dang easy and fast and gorgeous. By the time you whip out the PC and pad, use it where you can, then fill in by hand in the areas where the pad won`t fit, then clean the pad ... I dare say the hand-application of S100 would be just as fast.

Or ... soften S100 by hand, slather it on your pad, then knock your socks off. You`re right: one of the beauties of S100/P21S is that it won`t stain your trim/moldings.

Also ... congrats #3 in the NCAA!! (or did Tech rise in the polls today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t come across any liquid waxes that weren`t so loaded with fillers that they wouldn`t stain trim. I`ve never really tested the new version of Liquid Souveran though. Maybe someone could input on that one.

My best suggestion is to be careful or mask off the trim that gets stained easily if you can`t avoid it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Meguiars #26 liquid won`t stain trim and neither will Clearkote`s Vanilla Moose. I haven`t tested Carnauba Moose on trim yet though.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I use all three of the Clearkote Moose waxes on various cars, and have never found any of them to stain trim as yet.

Cheers .

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the help guys, and keep the suggestions coming if there are any more. I`ll have to get a jar of S100 and a bottle of good liquid wax and compare the two.

Oh, and Lynn yeah the Hokies are #3 now, but we have the toughest part of our season coming up in the next 3 games. West Va. (tomorrow night, ESPN), Miami, and Pitt. If we are still #3 after that I`ll know it is for real.
    2005 Volvo S60 R

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a chevy avalanche. As you know it has a plastic cladding all over the truck.

I am using Clearkote products and I used PC to apply them. No stain in the plastic.

:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve applied Liquid Souveran by PC; works great, spreads quickly and evenly, no trim staining. Heck, I hit the trim on purpose with LS; it darkens up the black plastic and leaves a nice gloss.

Tort

Post Thanks / Like
    Meguiars #20 polymer sealant won`t stain trim either. It is a carnauba/polymer blend.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know I`m in the minority here, but *I* apply (trim friendly) paste waxes by PC. Not P21S or Souveran (even *I* do those by hand), but 3M, Meg`s #16, and Collinite.

Thread Information