Post Thanks / Like
    In less than two weeks my car goes into storage for the winter. It will be stored in a heated garage, under a car cover. I was hoping to get some recommendations for a wax to use before it goes in. I am looking for a product that will last and protect for as long into the winter as possible.

BTW this is my first detailing post! There is so much info here I just thought I could read and search forever. However I could not find any discussion on this. I apologize in advance if this has been discussed before

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    If your car is inside and not subject to the elements your wax should have a good life.. I have stored numerous cars this way .. some in 2 sided carports, some in full garages and I have waxed with Megs` #26. It puts on a good coating and up here in Canada it has always lasted all winter .. matter of fact in the spring it is like it was waxed last weekend. Some are going to chime in and say you need a weekends worth of Zaino or Klasse .. go for it but I think it is overkill for winter storage. Do them in the spring if you lean that way.

One key thing is tho... Make sure whatever you cover the car with allows it to breath. I have seen some cover with sheets then plastic tarp them. This will trap moisture. I had also seen sheets held on my rolling them up in the windows and in a high humidity area you can actually wick moisture into the cars interior.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jesstzn,

Thanks for the advice

BTW, I have a high quality car cover so that is not a concern.

Thread Information