Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys! Long time no see

My flawless 98 Integra GS-R was recently stolen (like most Integra`s) so I got a 2000 Eclipse GT to replace it. I spent 2 years detailing that car and it looked amazing. It was truly one of a kind.

I have been in an "automotive depression" after losing my pride and joy to a bunch of low lifes, but I am starting to come around again with my new car.

My Eclipse has great shine potential, but it also has some flaws that I have no experience in dealing with. Maybe you guys could help:

1 - The front plastic bumper has a bunch of bug splatters that will not come off. I have tried Dawn soap, clay bar, and Vanilla Moose. I even pressure washed it (I know, I know :nono)

2 - The plastic headlights are starting to peel/fade. Is there anyway to refinish/restore this without replacing them?

3 - I have minor swirl marks that are visible in the sunlight. When I got the car, I Dawn washed, clayed, coated with Vanilla Moose, and followed with S100. Since then I have topped with VM and S100 about 5 times and the swirls are still showing. What products do you guys recommend to remove them?

RIP

New Project

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Awwwwwww....!!! That sucks dude!! How are you enjoying the difference in visibility with the Eclipse? Those things scare me because I know they`ve got major blind spots. It definitely shines up good though. Great looking ride!
    Keeping Texas clean one car at a time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the compliments. The rear visibility is horrible. The rear spoiler makes it difficult to see anything out of the back. I have to "triple check" over my shoulder before I change lanes It is definately a better highway ride than the Integra, but it is a heavy car and does not handle as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    I detailed a `01 once and driving it scared me. They are nearly as bad as the 350Z in the visibility department. I think the body style before that was a little better, but not by much. Hey, as long as you like it then its all good. I`ve seen some good looking Eclipses at shows before. They make some good kits and great mods for them. Nothing like that sweet OEM kit you had on your teg, but close enough. That just kills me that it got stolen...... That sucks so bad. Did they ever find it?
    Keeping Texas clean one car at a time!

Post Thanks / Like
    My mom`s 01 Audi A6 had worse visability than my car. The rear headrests kept you from seeing anything. You basically just had to pray that the lanes were open when changing.

The GS-R was never recovered. It was stolen almost 3 months ago. It was probably exported somewhere or it is still being parted out. I got my OEM kit dirt cheap and now they are worth a fortune because they are so rare.

I read about a stolen Integra like once a week on the h-t board. Make sure you keep an eye on yours! They love the GS-R`s/Type R`s.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear about the stolen Teg. My friends ITR got stolen like 2 weeks ago. He is pretty upset about it. My GSR is still in my possession (knock on wood). I try to keep an eye on her at all times.

Good Luck with the new Eclipse. Do you think its faster than your GSR? Probably more torque because of the 6, but overall what are the performance differences?

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear about the GSR. What mod are you gonna add to the Eclipse??? The over fender on the 2 Fast 2 Furious Eclipes are nice
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    GSRstillez - I think it has about the same quickness as the GS-R. It has more power, but it is a heavier car so it evens out. The theft rating of these cars is ridiculous. My friend just had his month old base RSX (with alarm) stolen.

C-MDX - Only thing I have added so far is clear bumper lights. That is about it. I don`t think I am going to add anything to the car (as much as I would like to).

Any advice on my detailing questions anyone?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by GS-R Jay

Any advice on my detailing questions anyone?
    :lol I was reading through this thread thinking, "Man, is anyone going to answer his question?"

Something like VM is way too weak to do much for anything but the mildest problems, and trying to hide them usually ends up with mixed results at best. Multiple applications isn`t going to help you either. You need something stronger to abrasively polish them out. Try a swirl remover (#9/SMR) first, and if that doesn`t work after a couple tries step up to something stronger yet like DACP or some Fine Cut product. You may have to follow that up with swirl remover or maybe just VM, but use your judgement. Either way I`d use the VM again to glaze it prior to waxing. Oh yes, keep in mind also that polishing out the swirls with those products by hand requires you to work them in very well. HTH

Thread Information