Post Thanks / Like
    hey all,

let me first start off by saying this site is awesome. i just finished my first pc application this past weekend and using the tips i learned from here, resulted in unbelieveable results.

now w/ that said, i have a few questions for you guys. i`ve ran a few searches but found little information regarding this.

the car that i`ve been working on has 2 problems left on it. one is etched bird poop on the hood and the other is scratches in the side molding. the etched poop is pretty bad (they left it on the car for a few days this past summer). i`ve read that when it`s really bad that the only option is the body shop. i tried SMR on a white pad and PI-III MG on a white pad also. as for the scratches in the molding, they aren`t horrible, but you can feel it. i`d say that you can probably see them from about 5 feet away. the scratches came from the parking attendant in a parking garage.

i didn`t want to get more aggressive than i had to considering it was my first time out w/ the 7424. i considered going yellow/dacp on the hood, but it looked pretty bad. so i decided i would be better off consulting autopia gurus first

Post Thanks / Like
    :welcome to Autopia.

Bird doo damage and serious scratches are beyond the ability of the PC. You can try it by hand using the DACP or whatever aggressive polish you have but even a rotary may not get them out if the clearcoat is etched. Sometimes only wetsanding and high speed polishing are the only solutions.
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Thread Information