Post Thanks / Like
    Is it just a coincidence that there`s an inversely proportional relationship between the ease of removal of S100, Blitz, and Collinite and their durability?
    Interviewer: : Rock, you got anything derogatory to say about the champ?

Rocky Balboa: Derogatory? Yeah. He`s great

Post Thanks / Like
    I know what you mean,

S100 is the easist to remove of the 3, but lasts the shortest.

And Collinite isn`t too bad if you apply it and remove it one panel or section at a time, but I know what you mean. It can be more difficult than S100, but it lasts much longer.

Haven`t tried Blitz because I read that it stains trim.

:nixweiss
    David

2008 MINI Clubman S

2013 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring

Post Thanks / Like
    Is there a correlation between ease of use and frequency of use of waxes?

P21S and Souveran durability about 3-4 weeks but Soooooo easy to apply. These 2 products are so USER friendly that application after each wash is no big deal.

So the question is: If I wash my vehicle once every 2-3 weeks and P21S/Souveran are so easy to apply, will I be better protected via this routine verse applying a difficult applying wax every 4-6 weeks? :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally, the Collinite paste "Difficultness" is overstated. If you do a panel at a time in the shade I have no problems. I never let it "sit" for a period of time and come back later to remove, nor do I do it in direct sun. I imagine this would create a problem though. Plus when my surface is properly prepared I get more than 6 weeks from Collinite (closer to 12) on my daily driver. Gurureports showed beading beyond 8 weeks.

But to answer your question, I think if your waxing when needed either option will work. If you don`t mind every 2-3 weeks stick with what your doing! I have 2 young children now, so my long hours in the garage are over for a while. So a longer lasting wax is better on my marriage at the moment.
    David

2008 MINI Clubman S

2013 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring

Post Thanks / Like
    I like to wax every 6 to 8 weeks be it S100 #26 or reflection I wash twice a week, I qd once a week with Wipe n Shine after a wash and every two weeks I use Wax as you dry. my car is outside 24/7. 3 times a year I will prep paint with # 9 or SEPC.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by blkZ28Conv

P21S and Souveran durability about 3-4 weeks but Soooooo easy to apply.

blkZ28Conv,

I know what you mean. P21S/S100 are almost as easy to apply as QDing. But, I`ve never experienced anything like P21S/S100 approaching 4 weeks. Wished it were a little more durable.

I`m now trying Blitz as my topper. I`m just careful around my trim.

Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely no correlation...case in point Zymol Carbon. That`s all that needs to be said if you`ve used Carbon.

Post Thanks / Like
    You might like to try Glanz Wax . Like the rest the prep is important but it is easy on easy off and after 8 weeks it was still beading and took 3 Dawn washes to remove it. I wash on the average of 3 times a week. Hardest part with Glanz is if you have a light colored car is seeing where it is at to buff it because it goes on so thin. Its easy to find a spot you missed tho as the surface in that area won`t be slick.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jesstzn,

That looks great!

It`s hard to argue with results like that, but honestly, I haven`t read too many positive reviews about Glanz wax on this forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by NHBFAN

Jesstzn,

That looks great!

It`s hard to argue with results like that, but honestly, I haven`t read too many positive reviews about Glanz wax on this forum.

I don`t think a lot have tried it .. I see some swear by the polishes ... I never knew bout the Glanz till I was sent a sample .. then I tried and ordered it. Ihave Zaino on now but Glanz is a lot less work and the gloss is wonderful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jesstzn

I don`t think a lot have tried it .. I see some swear by the polishes ... I never knew bout the Glanz till I was sent a sample .. then I tried and ordered it. Ihave Zaino on now but Glanz is a lot less work and the gloss is wonderful.

I really like the Glanz wax. I got some samples last summer, but I`m wating until I use all of the products I currently have before I order a bottle of Glanz wax. It was very easy to use and lasted a good long time. I thought it looked excellent as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    No, I don`t think there`s really a correlation. Since someone already mentioned Guru Reports, they found for P21S/S100 that it actually showed pretty decent durability for something that you simply wipe on and wipe off. I`ve had a test patch last a fairly good period too, although it was disappearing on some parts.

Some other products they tested were hard to remove but didn`t last very long at all.

Thread Information