After initial wash with Eagle One Wet Wash

Check this one out!

Complete reflection off of rear passenager door

PUPP turned my car to "platinum" :-p

Check this site out for more pics:

http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...=422934&page=2

Time took: 5 hours.

Condition: 55 F, windy, cool, dry

Was it worth the 5 hours?? Yes it is! First time doing this too!

Thinks I`ve learned:

1. AIO and PUPP ROCKS! So easy to apply and wipe off. With AIO, in one hand i had the microfiber applicator and the other hand i had the MF towel to wipe. Makes it VERY clean.

2. Glad I took the time to mentally prepare myself and understood the process, otherwise I`d still be out there (8 hours later).

3. Swirls, even the slightest amount, is a fact of life. However, after applying the AIO then PUPP on top of it, it just seems to disappear.

4. This site rocks! Thanks everyone your inputs. I`ll sleep quite well tonight.

Enjoy the pics!

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad your happy, you have a good combo of products there, I have the same plus many more but for a new car the AIO/UPP is a killer combo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks really good!! Your neighborhood looks familiar, what part of PA are you from?
    2002 Ford Escape Xlt True Blue, Goodyear Forteras and Tekno Rims

Zaino

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, great reflections for a first timer!

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful black 6! How many miles does that 03 have? The ones I see are mostly grey... nice to see a dark color! Is that the V6?

:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice work :up .

Post Thanks / Like
    Man i wish i got my car new, thats the best way to do it, get that perfect paint right off and lock it up. car looks great

Post Thanks / Like
    very nice. looks like minimal orange peel too. take care of that paint...theres people on here who would kill for that. :up
    B&W Speakers, Transparent cables, Classe amps coming soon

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks all for the kind words. Couldn`t have done it without the advice of some of you guys and the ever useful "search" function.

Mzgloves: My neighborhood probably looks like every other NE suburbia neighborhood...hehe. I`m from outside of philly.

BW: It`s actually an 04. It`s only 2 week old with 1400 miles and has a V6. Love the car as well!

Simon97jetta: yalp! that`s why I did it now than later. Much easier now and better paint protection now than later.

2000_EBP_civic: yeah it seems like Mazda paint isn`t the best, but gotta do my best to protect what I have.
    Dave`s 04 Mazda 6s MTX
    AIO/PUPP freak as well!!
    www.cardomain.com/id/dawei213

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, got a few more questions for you folks:

I`m planning to put about 2 to 3 more additional coats of UPP on for winter protection.

1. Do I have to wash the car again? Or can I just use the QD and wipe it clean? Before I apply another coat of UPP that is.

2. I`m gonna be taking a trip up to Penn State, 200 miles up and back. There`s gonna be bugs splatter. What`s the best way of cleaning them up? I got Turtle Wax Bug n Tar Remover. Kind of hesitant to use it on top of the UPP since it does contain some sort of wax.

thanks again guys.
    Dave`s 04 Mazda 6s MTX
    AIO/PUPP freak as well!!
    www.cardomain.com/id/dawei213

Post Thanks / Like
    A quick reccomendation - detail your wheel wells with something like cd-2 engine detailer or even just a tire shine product. Their brownness/dirtyness stands out against the beautiful black paint. Just a suggestion, looks great!!

-Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you have any problems with smearing with the PUPP? I had some issues with streaking and smearing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by simon97jetta

Man i wish i got my car new, thats the best way to do it, get that perfect paint right off and lock it up. car looks great

WoW!!! Add me to that list!! Fantastic paint, and work! The reflection shot of your neighborhood is crazy!!

Post Thanks / Like
    The shot looking down on the front of the car is just RIDICULOUS. Good pic...

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by dawei213

Ok, got a few more questions for you folks:

I`m planning to put about 2 to 3 more additional coats of UPP on for winter protection.

1. Do I have to wash the car again? Or can I just use the QD and wipe it clean? Before I apply another coat of UPP that is.

2. I`m gonna be taking a trip up to Penn State, 200 miles up and back. There`s gonna be bugs splatter. What`s the best way of cleaning them up? I got Turtle Wax Bug n Tar Remover. Kind of hesitant to use it on top of the UPP since it does contain some sort of wax.

thanks again guys.

VERY NICE :xyxthumbs

1. Yes, *I* would wash it, just to be on the safe side. It`ll go FAST and EASY after the PUPP!

2. *I* spot-clay, VERY GENTLY. Then put on a quick additional layer of PUPP. I don`t use B&T removers because they strip wax/sealant/etc. and force you to start all over.

You`ll like the difference additional coats of PUPP make. Not just protection, but appearance is enhanced too.

Greg- If you get smearing, first try thinner applications (yeah, it`s sorta tough with PUPP compared to Klasses SG). *I* apply it by Cyclo, really working it for quite a while (well, at least as compared to doing it by hand), so maybe try applying by PC if you have one. Then let it cure longer. It`s not as bad as SG or Zaino or Autoglym EGP, but I find it DOES come off better after it sits for a while.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information