Post Thanks / Like
    I went Dragracing at the Texas Motorplex on Saturday and Sunday. On Saturday I ran twice. On Sunday I also ran twice. On the 2nd run on Sunday the track must have had a lot of burnt rubber on the asphalt. I ended up spinning my right rear wheel for at least 50 ft. before the tires grabbed the track. I did not spin out at all on my previous 3 runs. When I got home, I then noticed that my right wheel well, stainless steel mudflap and the right rear lower fender was covered with a 1/4 of an inch of asphalt and rubber mix. Needless to say, I was in shock. After reading here at how good the Turtle Wax Tar and Bug remover in the yellow spray can was, I had purchased one can. I sprayed on and waited a few minutes. That stuff was great. I melted a lot of it off. I just kept spraying on and wiping off until 80% was off the mudflap and truck. The can ran out so after already working on this for an hour, I stopped. The next morning I went out and finished getting the rest off with some Gunk Tar and Bug remover. It was good, but not as good as the Turtle Wax. Here is my problem. I still have a lot of this stuff on the plastic and where the undercoat is under the wheel well. It is unreal how hard it is to get the stuff off of there. Anybody know what would work best?

Post Thanks / Like
    cant help with getting it off, but i do know that for the future they sell something that you can spray on the car to help the rubber not stick to the car. or local hi perfomance shop sells it i belive

Patrick
    Spray WD-40 on the inside of your wheel wells next time, prior to dragging !

Right Wing Conservative NozeBleedSpeed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I use Geddex Burnout Guard.Its water soluble and safe on paint. Spray it inside and around the outside edge of the wheel wells and along undercarriage behind the drive wheels,about an hour before racing. It prevents the rubber from sticking to anything by creating a "Pam" like,nonstick surface. Just use water and lightly brush to remove the rubber and guard at the end of race day.Repeated use of the water box can deplete it.Its about 12.00 at most speed shops.

Also get a bottle of Geddex Dial-In while youre there. Write your dial in time with it,instead of the tracks shoe polish. It wipes right off with a cloth and leaves no ghosting on windows or paint.
    Im Zaino free.

Post Thanks / Like
    For after-the-fact slick rubber on paint, use Turtle Wax Bug and Tar Remover, the one in the YELLOW aerosol can, one per wheel well. Buy a couple of rolls of the blue paper shop towels. Spray the B&T on (give it a thorough soaking) and let sit for at least 5 minues the wipe GOO off with shop towel. Work about an 18 inch section at a time. Repeat as necessary until clean,. DOES NOT REQUIRE THE ELBOW GREASE ADDITIVE

I race with HALO and it works

Post Thanks / Like
    HALO SHMALO....FLO Rules.
    Im Zaino free.

Post Thanks / Like
    NozeBleedSpeed and Gonzo, thanks for your suggestions. Printed out this page so I can do what you told me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Nose,

:sosad :sosad :sosad :sosad :sosad

BTW, you being at L`Fest? I`ll be the one in the red L

Post Thanks / Like
    I wont be there but I`ll have a sponsored truck there. Look for my B.O.P logos on Jagged Edge`s, black 02. I wish I could be there. Good luck. Let me know how you do.
    Im Zaino free.

Post Thanks / Like
    Gonzo, are you a member of the Texas Chapter at Ford Truck World?

Post Thanks / Like
    Horse. Nope - Just HALO and NLOC.

Noze. Roger Wilco

Post Thanks / Like
    You ought to join. Great bunch of guys are in it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Its a time issue. HALO keeps me hopping. Then there is my 8 Ball league play, detailing the L, redoing the inside of the house AND going antiquing with my wife. BTW getting 10 hours a day on the clock at work.

Do you have an L? In TALON or NLOC? Going to L`Fest?

Post Thanks / Like
    No. 2002 F-250 Superduty-V-10. Runs 16.36 in the 1/4.

Thread Information