Post Thanks / Like
    After doing a nice detail and wax on our QX4 the wife was picking up our son at the babysitters and an outside cat decided that the hood would be a nice place to rest for a while. Guess it was a little to slick for paw power but not quite thick enough to prevent a cat scratch about 7" long right in the front center of the hood.

What would be the best product to try and remove / hide the scratch with? I`ve read about success with Scratch X. If you would also note where the product could be purchased I would be most appreciative.
    Autoeng

Post Thanks / Like
    Scratch X is worth a shot. You can pick it up at WalMart and Target. I think most major Auto Parts places have it too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Where in KY are you?

Post Thanks / Like
    1 hour from Lex in Flemingsburg but I work in Berea.
    Autoeng

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t be surprised if the Scratch X doesn`t do much. I bought it and was disappointed, but that was on Audi paint. I would highly recommend using a PC ( if you have) for this job.

My gf and I had a bizarre incident with a wild cat or something. It must have crawled on her covered car ( Noah cover) and ate chunks out of the cover! Luckily no damage at all to the paint.My car was parked infront of her,I have a Weathershield and I think it crawled on my car too but slid off because the material is nylon-like. Only one slight tear in my cover.

We patched up my gf`s cover and she bought a new one, has a Weathershield now too. We both use two car covers now, one on top of the other to prevent any kind of claw scratches from going though or the cat dining on the cover

No more cat incidents since and the 2 covers do a superior job of blocking rain than one alone could do, no moisture build up either
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    P21S paint cleanser did a nice job when the same thing happened to my car. Can`t tell where it was even at now.
    1997 Laser Red GT Mustang.

"It`s all show, no go."

Post Thanks / Like
    The ScratchX worked great. It completely removed the scratch which although could be caught by a fingernail must not have been too deep.

autoeng
    Autoeng

Post Thanks / Like
    Cat ate your car cover?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Truth is stranger than fiction

Post Thanks / Like
    On my Nissan I too got some cat damage to my cover and decided to use 2 covers at one time. HeHe ots nice to see I am not the only one sick in the head. Just got a CTS and for now I am only using 1 NOAH cover but after it takes some damage(and I`m sure it will) I will go to 2. It does keep the car nice and dry. I guess the covered cars look like a giant outdoor couch yo these stupid cats. My neighbors car used to always sleep on my hood. Used to really aggravate me. Eventually I would sneak up on it and spray him with the hose. Eventually he took the hint!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Neighbors cat scratched my hood too when it slid off.. I used the Scratch-X and a couple days later the scratches were visable again so I hit it by hand with Menzerna Intensive and they are gone.

I have since bought a baby crib bottom fitted sheet from the Thrift store and the elastic holds it at the hood edges where it meets the fender/windshield and it stretches over the hood very nice.

I informed the neighbor I have had odd tracks on my hood scratching it and I was setting mouse traps on the hood so if his cat comes home with one we know who is doing it. So far it worked .. lost one trap .. no more scratches. No comments from the neighbor either.

Post Thanks / Like
    [i] I informed the neighbor I have had odd tracks on my hood scratching it and I was setting mouse traps on the hood so if his cat comes home with one we know who is doing it. So far it worked .. lost one trap .. no more scratches. No comments from the neighbor either. [/B]

:LOLOL :LOLOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Neoflex,

your 2 car cover method is exactly what my gf discovered. She used the Noah only first, then the cat damaged it, then she got a Weathershield and put it on top of the Noah. We haven`t had any trouble since. The cat must have slid off my Weathershield cover at the time leaving very minimal damage to the cover The paint on both cars was spared :bounce

Thread Information