Post Thanks / Like
    Can I use Meg`s SMR 2.0 (brown bottle) to polish some etched water marks in glass?

White pad or yellow?
    Black Mustang GT

Post Thanks / Like
    I would use either Autoglym or Zaino

Post Thanks / Like
    I would think that SMR 2.0 would have fillers or oil in it that you may not want on your glass. I tried applying Autoglym Glass Polish with #0000 steel wool and had amazing results. I posted my thoughts and pictures in the Product Review section, http://www.autopia.org/forums/showth...hreadid=27862. Check it out and see what you think. I would recommend using a polish that doesn`t contain fillers or oils to use on your glass and apply it with #0000 steel wool.

Good luck.
    `96 Jeep Cherokee Country - White - Gray Leather Interior

`02 Volkswagen Passat GLX - Reflex Silver - Black Leather Interior - 5 spd Manual

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m with Macgirl on this one. The fillers aren`t going to help you much. Why not look for an actual glass polish instead of using a paint polish? You`ll get far better results that way. I think Macgirl`s advice is dead on.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t think you would hurt anything but results may not be what you want considering the amount of work you would have to put into it. When you compare paint polish with glass polish you will notice immediately that glass polish is not oily at all. The oils and fillers in regular paint polish will only slow you down as you`d have to do alcohol wipe down to check the progress.

Have you tried vinegar to see if it will help to reduce water spots? You may wanna do that and follow up with #0000 steel wool with water only. If this doesn`t help go ahead and order a true glass polish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Macgirl confirms my experience too. One of my cars` glass didn`t have the zing I wanted, even after claying. So I applied Zaino`s glass polish with the black pad, and the results were pretty wonderful. I had used the glass polish by hand, and results of that were good too, but the PC and pad just made the work lots faster and easier.

Thread Information